Halloween at the Office

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 16:21
Ok... it's getting to be that time of year that the office has it's annual Halloween Costume contest. Each department picks a theme and we all dress up. My I.T. team chose hippies last year... easy to do and we actually won! So, now we're talking about what to do this year.

I am SO not creative when it comes to dressing up guys, so I thought I'd throw it out here and see what you all can come up with.

Do you dress up at Halloween in the office? If so, what were your favorite themes or costumes? I'll pitch your ideas to my boss and let you know if he bites at any and then let you know on Nov 1 how it all went. I may even include some pictures!!! :)

AND... if any of you do the same, I'd LOVE to see the pictures of your team, or just YOU on Halloween at the office.

C'mon everyone, let's hear your ideas / stories!

Oh... p.s.
No one suggest dressing up as a White House personality. :rolleyes:
Let's just keep this fun, shall we?

As Hallowe'en comes in the middle of the football season, why not dress up as football players. Leave out the shoulder pads as they will make it difficult to work.
Maybe half the dept. as Gators, the other half as Seminoles.
The boss gets to be the ref.

That's not a bad idea at all!

I suppose that since I posted on the weekend, people have missed this quest.
Of course, it could be that there is very little interest as well.....
Thought I'd give it a bump and see what happens.
Even if you don't have a suggestion, sharing a funny story about what someone wore to a Halloween party, or something along those lines..... hell, any interesting at all...... post it.

We don't tend to do halloween here in Australia.
My wife is a mad keen costumer though, so we go to lots of costumed events/parties... and we're in a medieval re-enactment group.

So, we mostly do medieval (duh!) and science fiction. Probably not that easy to do, especially in an office environment.

For something that pretty much anyone could do... how about pirates? or James Bond characters? The boss gets to be 007 of course ;)
(have had fun parties with both those themes :D )

Last edited:
TessB said:
I am SO not creative when it comes to dressing up guys,
I'm afraid I don't go round dressing up guys either:rolleyes: I'll leave that to the men with a different bent.;)

Tess, in the UK we don't celebrate halloween as you do in the US. I can just imagine coming to work all dressed up:D - christ, they would think you've lost it big time.

Sadly though, we do get those annoying little brats blackmailing you for sweets, but a clip round the ear and a string of abusive language usually sends them off crying to mummy.:D

Col

I remember way back (when I was single) I went to a vicars and tarts party.:o :D

I'll say no more

Col

went to a halloween party last year, I went as the increadible hulk, great fun, very much so when walking through the town centre painted head to foot in greet face paint!
And it ttok about 5 days to get it off!

so why dont you do super heros?

phillsheen said:
so why dont you do super heros?

Super heroes is a GREAT idea... after all... we ARE the I.T. team...

ColinEssex said:
I remember way back (when I was single) I went to a vicars and tarts party.

I'll say no more

Oh.... say no more... say no more.
Wink wink... nudge nudge

(Were you the vicar or a tart? ) :P

We were planning on hosting a superhero party at our place last year, but it didn't pan out. It would have been funny to see everyone who had to dye some undies to make their costume. :D

Adeptus said:
... how about pirates?

Arrrrrr :D

When you said "IT Team" it reminded me of the A Team - there're some possibilities there. Or another old TV show, maybe.

80's TV in general? So many possibilities...

Idjit said:

LOL! Brings back memories of ancient times where we all had good humored fun! :D

Be careful with a superhero idea. We had costume contests here at my POB last year and some people, one male in particular, took the tights to a new meaning! Showed a little too much, might as well have been wearing nothing!

Vassago said:
LOL! Brings back memories of ancient times where we all had good humored fun! :D

Be careful with a superhero idea. We had costume contests here at my POB last year and some people, one male in particular, took the tights to a new meaning! Showed a little too much, might as well have been wearing nothing!

So, umm, tight enough to guess his religion? :eek:

Idjit said:
So, umm, tight enough to guess his religion? :eek:

I tried not to pay THAT close attention. I'm sure if I ask around, someone here might know. He didn't last here much longer after that though.

Vassago said:
He didn't last here much longer after that though.
Hmmm... must not have been an impressive sight. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom