RIP Steve Irwin

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:20
Well, what do you folks think of Steve Irwin's demise? Ironical? Predictable?

I thought he'd go by croc, not stingray.

Bet he figured the same thing.

Not a terrible way to go, I guess. Feel bad for his children, of course...

It's sad when anyone with that kind of enthusiasm and zest for life dies young. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

Don't know about you guys but we will miss him terribly in AUS...It is such a loss to Australia and the World. He heart was certainly in the right place...no pun intended......Condolences to his family and friends and work mates.

He really had a lot of enthusiasm for what he did and he was so passionate about the environment and the welfare of animals. It's a shame, really. That said, he did take a lot of risks. :eek:

May I repeat the last 3 posts. He was a real ocker with a zest for life.

See ya Steve

MrsGorilla said:
He really had a lot of enthusiasm for what he did and he was so passionate about the environment and the welfare of animals. It's a shame, really. That said, he did take a lot of risks. :eek:

Yes, absolutely.

The thing is, stingrays aren't usually that dangerous.
There has been a total of 3 people killed by stingray in Australian waters. Ever.
(well, ever recorded...)

So at the time he was killed, he was not taking unreasonable risks.

He may have taken risks, but with his passion for what he did and his seemingly unending enthusiasm he lived two lifetimes worth before he died.

If we could all only make such a claim.

Rich said:
Does that include baiting a croc with a baby in your arms?
I think thats worse than Wacko Jacko dangling a baby over a balcony:rolleyes:

There has been a total of 3 people killed by stingray in Australian waters. Ever.

so thats a 33% increase in one day then

Col

Rich said:
Does that include baiting a croc with a baby in your arms?
Yeah I'm aware of the baby scenario, as it has been in every news bulletin declaring him dead and gone.
He would have said he was perfectly safe, and from his point of view he probably was. This was a man who'd run off into the bush as a child, a man whose father (also a crocodile hunter) convinced him to jump off boats into crocodile-infested waters. To him being around crocs like that was just normal life, what he grew up with.
Yes I still think he took an unnecessary risk there, but thats from our perspective, our experiences, which clearly weren't his.

Besides, the fella's dead, and that was already dragged through the media (resulting in his show getting cancelled). Leave it be and let people pay their respects.

LuvSpudz said:
Besides, the fella's dead, . . . . . . Leave it be and let people pay their respects.
so we shouldn't talk about it?:confused:

Col

ColinEssex said:
so we shouldn't talk about it?:confused:

Col

There's a time and place, and it's before or after his death. It's called having respect.

Just give it a week or so, is that too much?
I'm not gonna reply again cause I'm not having this thread hijacked.

LuvSpudz said:
There's a time and place, and it's before or after his death. It's called having respect.

Just give it a week or so, is that too much?
I'm not gonna reply again cause I'm not having this thread hijacked.

Since when has discussing the lifestyle of the person in question been hijacking a thread? :confused:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom