No custom Icon on Windows 7 taskbar

wind54surfer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:54
Hi all,

I just noticed that my custom database icon does not show on the taskbar on Windows 7 like it does on Win 200, XP and Vista.

Instead the Access icon shows.

Anyone knows how to fix it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

I just noticed that my custom database icon does not show on the taskbar on Windows 7 like it does on Win 200, XP and Vista.

Instead the Access icon shows.

Anyone knows how to fix it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm running Windows 7 also and it does the same thing. Windows 7 like to group/stack the applications icons. So even with custom Icon it sill falling under MS Access application.

I also hate the fact that it shows that big Access logo in the Taskbar.

No use changing the Taskbar settings unless you the only one using the app, as each of your Clients would have a own personal setting.

So I guess it would be a no-no to set it in the registry to "Combine When Taskbar Is Full or Never Combine" without the User's approval :) :)

Hi Everybody,

It seems that I have found a very nice and simple turnaround to make W7 show your MS Access Application with its custom shortcut !

You have to create a shortcut with a command line in the target that call msaccess.exe or directly your .mde as you want. Then put your custom icon to this shortcut. The result is magic : your application is openned in a dedicated group in W7 taskbar and if your re-run the same shortcut to open multiple session of your Application, it will go in this dedicated group !!!

Of course, you can automatize shortcut creation and execution with simple vba or vbs code using createshortcut Windows API or WScript.Shell

Hi Everybody,

It seems that I have found a very nice and simple turnaround to make W7 show your MS Access Application with its custom shortcut !

You have to create a shortcut with a command line in the target that call msaccess.exe or directly your .mde as you want. Then put your custom icon to this shortcut. The result is magic : your application is openned in a dedicated group in W7 taskbar and if your re-run the same shortcut to open multiple session of your Application, it will go in this dedicated group !!!

Of course, you can automatize shortcut creation and execution with simple vba or vbs code using createshortcut Windows API or WScript.Shell

Could you please give us the command line used to do this? I have tried a lot and nothing seems to work

For example, to launch an application named My DB.mdb on C:\ root, open properties of a shortcut then put this command line in the target :
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office 20XX\OFFICE1X\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\My DB.mdb"
Modify x to fit with your MS Office version. Finally, change shortcut icon.

When you run this shortcut, your MS Access application runs in a separated group of you W7 taskbar that shows your own icon.

You can totally automitize this process with a CreateShotcut Windows API from vb and detect automatically MS Access executable to get a professsional issue.

SamiFrance, you rule! this is the only feasible way I have found so far that not includes some long C++ script. Thanks a lot!

HI Guys

First post on this forum, hope someone can help!

Anyone sussed out how to do this with Windows 10?

Thanks
Nick

@NickinCrowmarsh

Welcome to the Forum! :D

You posted your question to an old thread. Not likely to get much attention. I suggest starting your own thread with a link back to this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom