Transparent GIF

human_anomaly

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:39
I am trying to put a transparent GIF image into an access form but it keeps putting a white background on it and when I tell it to make the background transparent it makes a new layer in the way back of the image behind the white background and makes that transparent. Anyone now how to fix this?

Change the background of the .gif to the colour of your form.

HTH

human_anomaly said:
I am trying to put a transparent GIF image into an access form but it keeps putting a white background on it and when I tell it to make the background transparent it makes a new layer in the way back of the image behind the white background and makes that transparent. Anyone now how to fix this?
If you had searched you might have found an old post I answered many moons ago. You can keep a GIF files transparency but you have jump through a few hoops to do it if you want to "insert" a graphic file [GIF] into your form.

Open a new word document
Insert the gif into the document [Insert \ Picture \ From File]
Select and copy the picture
Open your access form in design view
Paste the image from the clip board [Edit \ Paste Special \ Picture]
Modify the OLE objects properties [Back Style = Transparent], [Border Style = Transparent]

If you want to animated a GIF then check out the animatedgifs2.zip sample I posted at Rotating Logo

My method to display animation (.GIF files) does not involve ActiveX or DLL's. Check out my sample db link to see how easy it is to use GIF files in your forms.

HTH

It works great

Thanks for the tip. I would have just changed the background color but it is also an image. It was actually a wordart image that I was trying to insert so I wasn't far off to start with but it was doing weird stuff to the wordart picture quality when it loaded it. So I took a printscreen of the image and then it seemed to loose all background qualities in access, but putting it back through word again worked great, Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom