Access World Forums

Access World Forums (https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Debates (https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Flat Earth and Hollow Earth Theories (https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=299561)

scott-atkinson 05-03-2018 03:10 AM

Flat Earth and Hollow Earth Theories

Are there any exponents of either of these trains of thought on this forum.

What is the basis of your Thoery that convinces you that it is more than just a theory?

Minty 05-03-2018 03:15 AM

Re: Flat Earth and Hollow Earth Theories

I know that after a few beers the earth must be flat, as I can get home without any artificial aids, and never fall over.

If it was curved I wouldn't be able to cope.

NauticalGent 05-03-2018 03:32 AM

As viable an augment as any! We have a flat-earther at work and the conversations get pretty interesting.

The hollow-earth thing is a new one to me. Going to have to GDB...

The_Doc_Man 05-08-2018 05:18 AM

I don't know about a hollow Earth but in my college days, I WAS accused of having a hollow leg.

Mark_ 06-07-2018 11:27 AM

The strange ones are the believers in chem-trails. They have this fixation that you can some how fly an aircraft miles up in the sky, traveling at hundreds of mile per hour, and release something into the exhaust that will land, falling as an aerosol, through multiple sets of cross winds, and hit a given neighborhood on the ground.

They don't accept that it would be easier to fire a handgun from 3 miles away aiming to hit a given window than what they are proposing.

The_Doc_Man 06-07-2018 07:25 PM

But Mark_, you really CAN choose which neighborhood that will fall in. For instance, you can easily drop your aerosol from a jet onto a selected neighborhood, for example, Kansas. It's all a matter of scale, right?

Besides, you DO need the right kind of plane for that level of accuracy. Apparently Hollywood can find them easily enough for some of their action flicks so they must be around, right?
;)

Mark_ 06-08-2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Doc_Man (Post 1579917)
But Mark_, you really CAN choose which neighborhood that will fall in. For instance, you can easily drop your aerosol from a jet onto a selected neighborhood, for example, Kansas. It's all a matter of scale, right?

Scary thing is with an aerosol you could drop it at 30,000 ft and MISS Kansas... Helps explain how you get that spray on "Right Guard" to hit Antarctica.

Beetle 06-08-2018 12:32 PM

After at least 15, maybe 16, minutes of exhaustive research, I have determined that the chem-trails are actually a product of the Agartheans of Hollow Earth (who have secretly taken over most of the airline pilot jobs), and they are intended to destroy the Flat Earthers. Makes perfect sense to me. Time for another beer.

jleach 06-08-2018 12:34 PM

I love the chemtrail people. We have a facebook page for the International Chemtrail Association even :) "Dimmer Skies are Safer Skies"

https://www.facebook.com/InternationalChemtrail/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAGhPoUFhsg

These people crack me up. Flat Earthers, I can't even... at least I can understand that someone isn't in tune enough with physics to understand particle separation, but a flat Earth? Really?

Mark_ 06-08-2018 12:52 PM

Jack, I've proven EVERY ONE OF THEM wrong any time I've talked to them. I simply point out that cats haven't knocked us over the edge yet!

jleach 06-08-2018 12:58 PM

I haven't run into an actual Flat Earther (or at least if I have, they've avoided the subject, which is probably not likely... they seem to be of the "INEEDTOLETEVERYKNOWHOWMUCHOFAMORONIAM!" bunch), but I'm pretty sure that if I did, I wouldn't waste my breath on a word of the subject.

Orthodox Dave 06-12-2018 06:59 AM

Quote:

Are there any exponents of either of these trains of thought on this forum.
The answer appears to be "No".

Or perhaps there is someone, but they daren't admit it on this forum!

Mark_ 06-12-2018 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jleach (Post 1580025)
they seem to be of the "INEEDTOLETEVERYKNOWHOWMUCHOFAMORONIAM!" bunch

So they are celebrities pushing their particular belief/political agenda???

jleach 06-12-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_ (Post 1580405)
So they are celebrities pushing their particular belief/political agenda???

With the exception of GoT, I haven't watched TV in probably 10 or 15 years (prefer to read), nor do I listen to any popular music (jazz and classical mostly for me, of which I play drums and piano, respectively).

Therefore, I neither know nor really care much about celebrities. Doesn't seem to bother me that much :)

Mark_ 06-12-2018 09:33 AM

Jack,

Do your musical tastes include swing? If so, I'd highly recommend Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.

For the classics, I've a preference for pieces in the ilk of Firebird Suite.