Unable to add new records to linked table (1 Viewer)

RexesOperator

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:36
I am using Access 2003. I used the database splitter wizard to split the db. I have the backend on a server and the frontend on three other users' computers.

The problem right now is that they can't add any new records using forms (which are based on queries). When I look at the tables on the backend the little + sign showing the related tables is not there.

ATM the users can add new records manually into the table, but they still can't enter using the forms. The forms all worked before the split.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:36
Have the table names changed?

RexesOperator

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:36
Thanks for looking.

No the table names haven't changed. I did find out the user wasn't entering data in the form correctly. That problem has been resolved :)

I am still curious as to why the related tables don't show up as related in the be. The relationships show up correctly in the relationship window. And everything else is behaving the way it should (operator errors not withstanding).

Unfortunately I don't have access to the db at home. I retired last week and they won't give me an account to work with. Hmm. They still hope I can fix the db though. I will be in the office next week and can explore a few options then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom