Access 2019 (1 Viewer)

AN60

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:25
I purchased Access 2019, with Office 2019. All my Access 2007 Db's, except one, work ok.

When I open the problem Db I get a message "Missing or broken Reference to file MSCAL.OCX v7, Fix the reverence".
Then Access opens up just about all vBasic tabs, which makes my job of finding the problem more difficult. I made this Db many years ago and it has never given a problem in 2007. It seems like it's referring to something in the switchboard.

Can anyone give me a heads up, where to start looking, I haven't done much in Access for some time and my memory of my Db's is a bit vague.:banghead:

Cheers
Dave

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:25
That's a 7 year old article. Maybe just archive the affected forms then from copies, remove the control from whatever forms are using it? It's not worth the hassle IMHO, especially in a multi user environment involving multiple front ends. A common fix is to either use your own calendar form (tons of free examples) or just go with the built in calendar that's accessible from a standard textbox.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
The old calendar control was deprecated in A2010 and doesn't work in 64-bit Access.
If you don't like the built in date picker, I recommend my Better Date Picker

Last edited:

AN60

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the reply s. I've been busy on other issues and haven't had time to come back here.

I have solved the issue of the following message in my new Access 2019 db; "Missing or broken Reference to file MSCAL.OCX v7, Fix the reverence".

I have several Office 2007 dbs running perfectly in 2019, all using the old calendar, which I/we thought was the culprit in one of my old dbs. I removed the calendar and all references to it and still the thing would not open in 2019.

After a bit of hair pulling, I opened a new db in 2019 and imported the tbls, qrys, forms & reports, one at a time. The idea was to see where the problem was. Here's the strange bit, everything worked with the exception of the old Switchboard. After making a new Switchboard in 2019, I now have the db up & running.:)

Isladogs
Thank you for your link to the new date picker, I think I'll have a look at it and maybe add it to my dbs over time. :cool:

Dave

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:25
I know you have it fixed so this is merely an after-the-fact comment. Your fix points to the possibility of having had a small amount of object corruption in the older version. The "Import to a new DB" fix pretty much assures that you get rid of object corruption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom