Chart from crosstab (1 Viewer)

aattas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:53
Experts
I have created a crosstab type of query. and I have created from it a report. wthin the report i created extra unbound fields with sum functions and division function.
next i wanted to created a chart to display the results from the unbound fields and no results. anybody tried the same and succeed . Help

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:53
Hi. I could be wrong, but maybe charts need a data source bound to a table or query to work. Have you tried using a query to do your sum and division functions and maybe you can use that query for your chart?

aattas

Registered User.
Local time
Thankyou for your prompt reply. I appreciate it very much. As a matter of fact, yes I tried to do the sum and division in the query, but because of its is crosstab nature, the report is not seeing it as a data or value. Everytime i tried the sum and div in query I get the message not aggregate or something. The result of sum and div only appears in the report .
Any suggestions will he appreciated.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I'm pretty sure we can help you figure it out. Can you show us what you have? Thanks.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:53
Depending on what you are trying to sum and divide, you may need to do that from the original query. Possibly use DSum for the first of these.

However you should be able to do that in a group footer section of your report.
I regularly do that on crosstab reports for sum, count, max, average etc

Its certainly possible to create charts for crosstab queries

aattas

Registered User.
Local time
DBguy, what can I send you. Thanks.

Isladog. I never tried the Dsum. Can I have see example that I can replicate with my data.
The chart that I'm trying is in the footer.

Thanks very much

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Can you post a sample copy of your db with test data?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:53
Isladog. I never tried the Dsum. Can I have see example that I can replicate with my data.
The chart that I'm trying is in the footer.

Thanks very much

There's a crosstab report with sums for each column in this example database
https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=294548

That uses SUM rather than DSum. As we don't yet know your data, its hard to know which will work for you.

There are various screenshots of charts, some of which are based on crosstabs on my website. For example http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/school-data-analyser/4584605482

Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom