Question Map button - Go slow I'm a noob (1 Viewer)

Boch

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:38
hi Everybody (Trying not to sound too much like Dr Nick from the Simpsons)

I have been using one of the templates that come with MS Access 2016 (Contacts template), I have tweaked it a little bit but nothing major. What little Access skills I have, I have from YouTube - mainly. So I'm at a very basic level.

In the Contacts template there is a feature which, when you press the "click to map" button, will take the address and open Bing maps where the address is.
So far I have been able to change this to Google maps (who uses Bing Maps?!?) but have been unable to replicate this function in the new template I'm planning on migrating to (Personal contact manager).

I have been able to copy the VBA <modMapping> into the new template but can't get the button to link to this or find what the missing link is to make this function happen.

Any help would be much appreciated.
TIA

Attachments

• MS Click to map.jpg
    MS Click to map.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 268
  • MS Modules.jpg
    MS Modules.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 253

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 18:38
Hi Boch
Your post was moderated due to the attached images. Until you have 10 posts you need to zip any attached files

Buttons can't link to modules but they can run procedures contained in those modules.
You might get more specific help from someone if you upload your database (zip it first!)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Did you also copy the code or macro behind the button from the first template?

Boch

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Did you also copy the code or macro behind the button from the first template?

Could only copy the VBA - can't find the macro to make it happen, which is the frustrating part, otherwise, I'd be able to do the command button wizard :(

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Could only copy the VBA - can't find the macro to make it happen, which is the frustrating part, otherwise, I'd be able to do the command button wizard :(
If you go to Design View of the Form and select the button, you can check what it says in the Click Event property. What do you see?

Boch

Registered User.
Local time
If you go to Design View of the Form and select the button, you can check what it says in the Click Event property. What do you see?
Wish I could post screen grabs or links, which is making this harder than it needs to be :(

On click [Embedded macro] in design view

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 18:38
Wish I could post screen grabs or links, which is making this harder than it needs to be :(

You can!
As previously stated, ZIP the screenshots and upload one zip file.
Once you reach 10 posts, that restriction is removed

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time

Okay, next to that, click on the three dots button, what do you see?

Boch

Registered User.
Local time
Big thx for all the help guys.

Basically with you pointing me in the right direction I managed to copy the cmdMap macro (in a fashion) and then wrote new cmdMap macro in new template.

Either that or it's just luck that it now works -

Big thx all round for the inspiration in helping me getting this to work, am a very happy bunny now :D

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Big thx for all the help guys.

Basically with you pointing me in the right direction I managed to copy the cmdMap macro (in a fashion) and then wrote new cmdMap macro in new template.

Either that or it's just luck that it now works -

Big thx all round for the inspiration in helping me getting this to work, am a very happy bunny now :D
Hi. Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted now. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom