Display Picture Without Storing the File in the Database (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MStCyr

Local time
Today, 08:07
This sample database shows how you can display an image without storing the image in the database, simply by storing the path and the name of the file, therefore allowing you to store an unlimited number of images.

Also included are a few sample files to try this out.

Attachments

• PictDatabase2000.zip
    90.5 KB · Views: 14,878

99shassan

Local time
Today, 05:07
Hi, thanks for that, it looks cool, but i'm not sure how you do it.
is there a guide anywhere?

sdzc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:07
I like the ability to do this, but I only need a portion of the functionality.

I only need to store the path to the picture, I do not necessarily need a field to show the picture in the form.

What can I delete from the code so it does not require the picture field?

Thank you!

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:07
To much to answer in a couple of lines.

One way would to be to delete the image from the form and then debug. Any offending lines will be highlighted and can then be deleted.

Dave

sdzc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:07
Thank you for the response. I actually did kind of what you said, but made a copy and worked from that until I got it right (which was pretty much on the first try, which surprised me).

bjallen2880

T-Mobile USA
Local time
Today, 08:07
Is there a way for this to work with continuous forms (multiple records displayed at a time) and display each picture? I took the DB here and converted the form from a single form to a continuous form and both records displayed the same picture (but each record was linked to a different pic). If you click on record 1 you got an apple on record 1 and 2. If you clicked on record 2 you got an orange on record 1 and 2.

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
bjallen2880 said:
Is there a way for this to work with continuous forms (multiple records displayed at a time) and display each picture? I took the DB here and converted the form from a single form to a continuous form and both records displayed the same picture (but each record was linked to a different pic). If you click on record 1 you got an apple on record 1 and 2. If you clicked on record 2 you got an orange on record 1 and 2.

Access bug..... sorry

teiben

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:07
pdf's?

This works great. I tried it with jpg and it works too, but I've tried to do it with pdf's and I get a message the field is to small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. The pdf is one page. I increased the image picture area to accomodate a 8.5 x 11 page and I still keep getting the same error message. Any idea how to accomplish this?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
The PDF file is not an image, thus probably the reason for the error.
Search for PDF ActiveX or the like.

Dave

PS: There as samples here on how to open pdf files here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom