View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 09:33 AM   #17
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,576 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Re: data entry through the form

What mike60smart was trying to tell you is this: Once you have data stored in a table, you do not need it in another table. You can use a query that would manipulate and filter and reformat and compute as needed. Storing the same data in two tables is not only wasteful of space but runs a SERIOUS risk of data between the two tables getting out of alignment or desynchronized.

You want this in another table for reports - but Access reports work PERFECTLY well using queries as their basis.

What you SEEM to be asking is that you want to use Access like a spreadsheet. Which it is not. Copying from table a to table b and using letters as field names makes me believe you are trying to adapt a spreadsheet that has become too difficult to manage. But there is more to Access conversions than just moving data to another table. This might not be the answer you wanted to hear but it IS the truth.
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote