View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 07:21 AM   #15
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,826 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold
Re: Is it possible to identify the last time an object was used?

I did it the efficient way over a period of several months. Unfortunately by the time I did so, the database was already a behemoth with an FE of around 140MB. See the statistics in post #2 of this thread https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...d.php?t=296860

I use VBE extensibility for lots of things though, from memory, I don't think it would help for this purpose. I have to admit, I'd probably never used that library when I set up the system almost 10 years ago.

I've never really used data macros which were introduced in A2010 after this was done. Not sure whether these would do the same job but with less work.

Another thing the logging was useful for was closing down the app after a specified period of inactivity. If the user was still on the same form control or similar after say 20 minutes, they got a warning then the app closed.

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote