View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 02:32 PM   #13
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,152 Times in 1,052 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Re: Win 10 / EasySuite

Are both of the computers on another network? (Doesn't even have to be the same network.) And I'm going to assume you aren't running on a Windows Server 2012 or later? I.e. not an "advanced" system.

If so, the problem is that Windows won't let a Home system be on two networks at once, or at least deeply frowns on that. There IS such a thing as establishing a network across USB, so I'm wondering if Windows suddenly recognized the USB-to-USB connection after a patch that made it smarter.

And the OTHER possibility is that if it recognized the connection as potentially being a network, then automated network detection caused it to set up a "listener" on each cable, which would block another process from assigning it privately in order to transfer files. Because the listener has taken over the connection.

I'd have to do a little research to tell you how to find that out because normally Windows doesn't want to show you device I/O queues.
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote