View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 01:07 AM   #6
Lightwave
Ad astra

Lightwave will become famous soon enough Lightwave will become famous soon enough
Re: Evolution an the Access User

NG - really great idea

I try to practice humility not because I enjoy it but because I selfishly believe that it is the best way of getting better. I am a strong believer in the idea of Categorical Imperative - ie that there is an optimal solution or group of solutions that are independent of your moral stance or personal enrichment that is somewhat unchangeable and if you simply deny it you are likely to make sub optimal decisions. As such you have to always be prepared to change your mind on anything.

In the workplace there are a steady stream of individuals who will take a technical stance based usually on what is best for them irrespective of evidence which might suggest its deeply sub optimal more widely, this is VERY frustrating and a situation which everyone seems to face. This position never ends well leading to poor moral and low productivity sometimes such individuals opinions are increasingly ignored and never are these people are the go to people to solve new issues.

I also think you can't trust anyone trying to sell you anything be it ideas or physical things. And that includes your Wife / Sister / Mother / Father or yourself. People get on board with ideas and they love those ideas me included. Kick yourself kick yourself hard investigate even the truly cynical views and thoroughly satisfy yourself that they hold no value and then move on. Forums represent non partisan completely independent opinion from individuals that while having unknown and sometimes questionable mental stability are at least NOT trying to sell you anything and therein lies there incredible value. Additionally within a relatively short amount of time you quickly come to know who the real heavyweights really are.

I 100% believe this is the correct approach and cannot see myself ever being convinced otherwise.

By the way thanks to all those that contribute I really have learnt some semblance of programming (I still don't exactly know what a programmer really is) from this forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Lightwave; 04-10-2018 at 01:41 AM.
Lightwave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lightwave For This Useful Post:
Galaxiom (04-10-2018), jdraw (04-10-2018), NauticalGent (04-10-2018)