Old 07-23-2019, 09:21 AM   #6
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,226 Times in 1,207 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Generating a series of tables-as-forms

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroyscarnival View Post
Just wanted to update to say that this setup actually worked really well using Mail Merge to transfer a lot of information in and create as many tables as needed for the full report. The only drawback was that some of the original information was in paragraph form so that needed to be retyped in (for the storage tank details.)

At one point I was asked to take the information from an old Word table and retype it into this one. I was able to do a rough copy/paste of the old data into Excel, shimmy it around a little to get it into a more straight-row format, and mail merge it back into the new format. There were a few data points that didn't jibe perfectly, but it got me 80% of the way there.
Hi. Congratulations! Thanks for the update. Good luck with your project.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote