View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 12:24 AM   #14
CJ_London
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 11,032
Thanks: 40
Thanked 3,578 Times in 3,456 Posts
CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Can it be done??

Quote:
But they don't tell you that if your data goes outside of their model, they will charge you thousands of dollars per hour to customize the "outlier" data.
I agree. Many of these apps are designed to meet 80% of client requirements. The other 20% requires customisation. Which is where I often make my money. Typically the 20% is required by only few users, and most clients are reluctant to spend a large sum for only a few users, even if the requirement is just below business critical. When this happens I can generally offer a solution based around Access/Excel for a fraction of the cost.
__________________
CJ_London
_______________________
A little thanks goes a long way. If you have found this post useful, please tick the thanks button
CJ_London is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ_London For This Useful Post:
NearImpossible (07-13-2019), The_Doc_Man (07-13-2019)