View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 02:10 AM   #4
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 1,823 Times in 1,694 Posts
isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Header area - feedback please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Now I am looking at moving the tabs to the right of the Microsoft Access Help Center logo, so that a little bit more content goes above the fold. !

Any comments on if you think I should leave the Microsoft Access Help Center logo or replace with the Access World logo on the home page of this domain?
My thoughts are that the current one is familiar to current users but less attractive than older users. Feedback on this is very welcome!
1. How about adding a News tab to contain a small number of items relevant to site changes (such as this or adverts trial) or Access updates (e.g. new 'modern' charts in May 2016 update). The idea would be that each would stay for a month or so until a new article was available for the page

2. No opinion re logo used but a visual refresh every so often can be a good idea

3. The bit i've highlighted is a very ageist comment Jon! Still perhaps better than saying 'more attractive than older users!'

4. I often use the site on a tablet & some items are a bit difficult to click on when using a smaller touch screen e.g. Quote / Thanks / 'Scales' / Report buttons

5. Finally in certain circumstances, the # code button doesn't appear.
I'll check when & edit this post accordingly.

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Previously known as ridders : Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote