Change Permissions (1 Viewer)

Templer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:20
Hi everyone,

When I ran the User-Level security wizard I seem to have messed something up. Both admin accounts don't work properly. Admin is set to just users and the password on the other won't work. Is their anyway I can reinstall from my backup copy?

Part II:

Right, I managed to get one of my db's working from the backup but now the other one is playing up. Is anyone aware of any conflicts that exist if two seperate dbs have the same logging in names?

Last edited:

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Today, 07:20
If you would walk me through (step by step) what you have done I will try to help you out. Are you using the shortcut that was created when you ran the wizard to access your database? It sounds like you aren't.

Autoeng

Templer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:20
Hi Auto,

I've got it back to the point to where both db's are now working, but wait for this. The admin a/c will only work for one db at a time. One downgrades its permissions to just User and changes its password to something that looks like the Personal or Group ID. When I try and change it I get an error saying the old password is incorrect.

I'm now trying to split the database but it won't let me as it says that it is being used by another person or process!!!

It seems obvious that there is a conflict between the two databases and there user names "Admin". Could it be that there Unique ID's are the same? All I can see on the security wizard report for the ID is "previously created"

Thank you for your reply.

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Today, 07:20
Without being in the database use explorer to see if the is a file, same name as your database, with the endine .ldb. We'll go from there once you let me know.

Autoeng

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom