Dlookup (1 Viewer)

KAsad

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:15
Hi

I have this Dlookup in my form in the source control o f a field but it does not work
=DLookUp([CALENDAR.FIN_MONTH],[CALENDAR],[TIME_DATE]>[CALENDAR.FIN_START] And DatePart("yyyy",[TIME_DATE])=[CALENDAR.FIN_YEAR])

the form is based on Timesheet table and I am trying to find a month in the calendar table based on the timesheet timedate.

Please hel pme

Thank u

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
You have to use "" to surround each entity... something like..
Code:
DLookUp("[CALENDAR.FIN_MONTH]","[CALENDAR]","[TIME_DATE]>[CALENDAR.FIN_START] And Year([TIME_DATE])=[CALENDAR.FIN_YEAR]")
your criteria might mess up.. Just double check...

KAsad

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you , I have changed it to this
=DLookUp(" [CALENDAR]![FIN_MONTH] ","[CALENDAR]","[CALENDAR]![FIN_START] <= " & [Forms]![frmFinanceCheckTimesheet]![TIME_DATE] & " AND [CALENDAR]![FIN_YEAR] = " & DatePart("yyyy",[Forms]![frmFinanceCheckTimesheet]![TIME_DATE]))

but it does not return any data.
It actually is the same as this SQL query
SELECT C.FIN_MONTH
FROM CALENDAR C , TIMESHEET T
WHERE DATEPART(YEAR,T.TIME_DATE) = C.FIN_YEAR
AND T.TIME_DATE >= C.FIN_START

the sql returns correct month but the form does not show anything. Any idea?

Thank you

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
I hope you did go through the link jdraw provided.. if the criteria holds a date/time field then it should be placed between ##..

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:15
Yor DlookUp names do not match your SQL.

Try posting a Pic of your Table to clear up your Names.

Also copy paste your sql rather than retype it.

KAsad

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, I have checked the link but I have missed the point that I have to put # for date field.

Now I have changed it to
=DLookUp(" [CALENDAR]![FIN_MONTH] ","[CALENDAR]","[CALENDAR]![FIN_YEAR] = " & DatePart("yyyy",[Forms]![frmFinanceCheckTimesheet]![TIME_DATE]) & " AND
[CALENDAR]![FIN_START] <= #" & [Forms]![frmFinanceCheckTimesheet]![TIME_DATE] & "#")

but for some reason it does not run the 'AND' part. It always returns the first month in my calendar. But I want it to check if the year are the same and the fin_start in calendar is less than the time_date in each row of the form. I hope it make sense :)

KAsad

Registered User.
Local time
It is only one form which shows all timesheets. In each line, I have timesheet ID, date and I need to show a delivery month which is based on a calendar. If the timesheet date is 01/05/2012, then the delivery will be May if it is 29/05/12 then the delivery will be June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom