Allow user to upload images (1 Viewer)

derek84

Local time
Today, 19:33
Hi everyone , I am relatively new to access and i am trying to develop a reporting system using forms. The forms will allow users to report on the condition of various pieces of equipment on a site location( done offline with no internet connection). The user will be able to rate the condition of the piece of equipment( scale of 1 - 3), leave a comment on its condition and then upload an image of that piece of equipment. When the user has completed all the forms they then create a report which will contains all the details they entered (text and uploaded images)
I have developed the forms so far to allow the user to rate the equipment and leave a comment, but i am stuck on how to go about allowing the user to upload images. I would really appreciate any help and guidance on the best way to go about this.

I have added an image to help people understand what i am trying to do

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 126

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Hello derek84, Welcome to AWF.. :)

Uploading images sounds easier, but at the end of the day you might end up bloating the DB.. So the alternative would be to store the link to the document and then use it to display using an unbound form..

I have a sample written down for another user located in this thread.. "Display image depending on combo box value".. This should help you get started.. post back if you need some explanation or need more help..

derek84

Local time
Hi pr2-eugin,

Thanks for your reply i will have a look at the link you added. Just 1 question could i allow users to upload images which could be stored in a folder on their computers hard drive and some how use code to add a link to this in my database ?

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Is your Database not stored in a central location for all users to access the file? What you need is to create a Folder on the server, where all users will have access and they will add pictures to that folder. Then all the users should do is map the link to the picture.. If they add pictures to their local computer, not everyone would have access to it..

derek84

Local time
The users will be offline when doing the report with no internet connection. so for example 1 guy could be at site 1, another guy could be at site 2 and another guy could be at site 3 . All locations would not have an internet connection. So if possible i would want them to store everything locally on their own computers and then if it is possible upload them to a main server or a sharepoint site. I hope this is possible, for me the only issue is how to allow them to add images. For example would i need an "IMAGES" folder on every users computer the does a site report ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom