How to enable simultaneous access of database (1 Viewer)

LisaS

Local time
Today, 05:36
Hi

I created a database for work purposes. The database is as basic as it gets - it comprises of one large table of information and several queries and reports based on the information in the table; no cross-queries etc.

At present 3 other people access the database via linking to my computer over a network; making sure no-one else is using it when new data is to be added. I would like to put the database in the 'cloud' so that all colleagues, even those in different locations, can access the database and make amendments. We have Office 365, but I don't really want to put the whole database in the cloud as one false move by someone could destroy/delete it.

What is my best option and how do I go about it?

Many thanks for your assistance in advance.

Lisa

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:36
Welcome to AWF !

Split the DB and create FEs (Front End) interfaces for the BE (Back End).
The FEs should not contain the dangerous features for your DB like Deletions and/or anything you think.

LisaS

Local time
Today, 05:36
Thank you for your quick response. I have split the database and it works perfectly. :)

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 06:36
for the cloud version, I would suggest a read-only view of the table. It is faster too.
Then, when a user wants to update a record, open a new form based on selecting the record's ID and write the code to update the specific fields for that record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom