Date Display change in Table view (1 Viewer)

mahsa878

Local time
Today, 07:43
Hi,
I have a table that contains many column but one of the columns is the "Collected Date". the dates entered in this column in in this format: 2013.10.28 however I to upload this table in another software to analyse, I need the date to be in this format: 10/28/2013
Is there a query to help me with this?
I already tried changing the format in the design view but since the format is currently in text it does not allow me to change the format into date!
please help :banghead:

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 08:43
Is this a one-time operation to fix bad table design, or will you always get this data in this format?

If this is a one-time fix:
  1. backup your table.
  2. Make a new field for the corrected format.
  3. Build an UPDATE query that uses DateSerial() to dismantle the oddly formatted date (Left(), Right(), Mid() will be your friends here). Test and run the query.
  4. After you've verified that the query gave you correct results, you can delete the old [CollectedDate] and rename the new field to [CollectedDate].

If you need to deal with the date coming in from an outside source like this every (time interval), then you can just make a regular SELECT query that uses DateSerial and Left/Right/Mid to calculate a [CorrectedCorrectedDate] field, and use that anywhere you would ordinarily want that field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom