Access Connection with Crystal Reports 9.2.2.693 Error (1 Viewer)

Muaz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:50
Hi;

I am trying to connect my MS Access database, but it gives me the following error:

Logon Failed
Details: DAO Error Code 0xbd9
Source DAO Workspace
Description: You do not have necessary permissions to use ..(database path)... object. Have your suystem administrator or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permissions for you.

I am new to Crystal Reports, and I want to make some reports for my MS Access database using Crystal Reports.

Your HELP is requested.

Regards
Muaz

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I have not seen this issue before. A few questions first. 1. What version of Crystal Reports? 2. What version of Access? 3. What type of connection are you using (Access/Excel (DAO), ODBC (RDO), OLE DB (ADO), etc.). 4. Is there a password and/or security on the Access DB (workgroups?)?

Muaz

Registered User.
Local time
Crystal Report version is 9.2.2693, Access Version is 2003 (xxx.mdb) while one installed on my system is 2007 but I am updating .mdb database, I tried on Access/Excel (DAO) that give me this error (mentioned), There is no password on the database.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Not sure. We have used the same basic configuration in the past and it has worked just fine. Just as a long shot, can you create an ODBC connection using the the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb). Maybe at least you might get a different error message that will lead to what the issue is. It almost sounds like a folder rights issue, but if you can open the DB without an issue then you should be fine.

FYI: Just as a reminder, that version of CR will not work with an Access 2007+ version (.accdb)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom