Linked pictures (1 Viewer)

duke217

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:21
Hi all,

I am hitting a snag with the display of linked pictures on one of my forms: I create an Image on the form, and use as Control Source an other field on that form that contains the path to the Image I want to display.

As long as I use a path on a local hard drive, like C:\pictures\photo.bmp, it works like a charm.

But when I try to use a path to the network location, I get nothing.

I tried mapping the network location to a network drive and using L:\pictures\photo.bmp, and also a link like \\Server\Share\pictures\photo.bmp.

I suspect it may be a Trust Center issue, but I haven't found a solution. Can anybody help?

Ranman256

Local time
Yesterday, 21:21
1 you can put an image control on the form and set the path the image.
or
store the file path in a field: \\Server\Share\pictures\photo.bmp
then when you open the form to that record, load it into a picture frame via ON CURRENT event:

img1.picture = LoadPicture (txtPicPath)

duke217

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:21
I found the problem :), here´s what happened, in case somebody also has bmp pictures not displaying on their forms or reports.

In the Options Menu > Current database, under Picture Property Storage Format, check the option "Preserve source image format (smaller file size)". If you want to display a bitmap, Access is apparently not able to convert it to a bitmap...

And that did the trick for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom