Project Manager - Developer 2019 (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 10:25
I have over the last few months been upgrading this project which was originally Released as a free to use program back in 2007 https://access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=118740

I am looking to release an upgraded version hopefully in febuary 2019 this will again be free to use but it will not be an open code project as I use code from a number of sources which don't give me the rights to distribute it.

I am currently working on the specifications and contracts sections which I hope to complete by christmas

I will be posting Images of what I'm going so should anybody wish to have some input into it I would be happy to listen.

Updated: 15/12/2018 I have now started adding the help system here

attached is the estimate view for the project

Attachments

• 2018-12-02.png
    2018-12-02.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 545
Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:25
Hi,

Just curious, does it include a Gantt Chart view of the projects?

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
A gantt chart would indeed be useful

Two other quick comments.
I would update to use 4 digits for the year in all date fields.
Perhaps update the appearance a bit?

Dreamweaver

Local time
Re: Project Manager - Developer 2019 Imaages

Current images please note these may change as items are added/edited

I've added Images of:
Main Project Page, there can be main and sub projects
Estimates page, there can be more than one per project
Specifications main page please note this is a work in progress
Daily Diary with entries for all employees shown on botton

Attachments

• 2018-12-02 (1).jpg
    2018-12-02 (1).jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 2018-12-02 (2).png
    2018-12-02 (2).png
    96.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 2018-12-01.png
    2018-12-01.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 2018-11-02.png
    2018-11-02.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
A gantt chart would indeed be useful

Two other quick comments.
I would update to use 4 digits for the year in all date fields.
Perhaps update the appearance a bit?

I'll look into that the date formates will have to stay as they go back to the very start and I judge it would take too much work to change them so insteat of upgrading what I can and cause a lot more confusion I'm leaving it but have a list of output items I can update so anything outside the system ses's ":" and the format dd/mm/yy is only used as it allows me to fit all the Dates on one line but there is a format default for uk and usa you could change it there so it shows dd/mm/yyyy

gantt Never looked at them have you any links I'll see if I can sort something thanks

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
As you are talking about supplying an ACCDE version, I would suggest it is worth the time to convert to dd/mm/yyyy.

Peter Hibbs has done a lot of work on Gantt charts. You can find several of his example databases at various sites including the Utter Access forum. He is UK based, still active at UA & his work is always very thoroughly documented. In fact he puts the rest of us to shame in that regard. He is also extremely helpful in responding to questions.

However, a lot of his work is based on the MS FlexGrid control which has never been updated to 64-bit & it now seems unlikely that it will ever be updated

Dreamweaver

Local time
The dates are contolled from preferences as in Image just change the short format to fit.

Attachments

• 2018-12-02 (3).png
    2018-12-02 (3).png
    25.9 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
As you are talking about supplying an ACCDE version

At the moment it is still an mdb but will be upgraing it to a accdb but will prob have to make it a accde but at this moment I was just going to passward protect to code

Dreamweaver

Local time
Here's one demo I know of. I was hoping you came up with another one.

Downloaded even got a help file thanks

Edit I think I can use that just have to twek it to fit my system will send him a message and ask if he's ok with me using it thanks

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
At the moment it is still an mdb but will be upgraing it to a accdb but will prob have to make it a accde but at this moment I was just going to passward protect to code

Excellent - I'll be able to circumvent the password protection in your code very easily!
I see the DBGuy also was thinking of Peter Hibbs' work

Dreamweaver

Local time
Excellent - I'll be able to circumvent the password protection in your code very easily!
I see the DBGuy also was thinking of Peter Hibbs' work

looks like it will have to be an accde after all lol:D
It will fit into my phase/task as on the project estimates image

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
The serious response is that it is very easy (if you know how) to bypass password protection on VBA project code.
It is also very easy to break password protection of MDE databases
However it is much harder to crack the encryption of ACCDE databases
See http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/compare-access-file-security/4594444323

However, whether its an ACCDE or ACCDB, you are still using the same code.
You should therefore obtain permission from all developers whose code you've used. If the code was available online, usually that just requires stating the source of the code using any copyright notice from the author.

I would also suggest you consider releasing a free ACCDE version with an option to purchase an ACCDB version for a small fee. I've used that model on a few applications. For example my Currency Exchange Rate Tracker
You probably won't sell many copies of the ACCDB but it will be of greater use to those who want to build on your application.

Dreamweaver

Local time
isladogs I do intend updating the login system to use part of your system when I mess it up I know the guy who can fix it lol

Dreamweaver

Local time
The serious response is that it is very easy (if you know how) to bypass password protection on VBA project code.
It is also very easy to break password protection of MDE databases
However it is much harder to crack the encryption of ACCDE databases
See http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/compare-access-file-security/4594444323

However, whether its an ACCDE or ACCDB, you are still using the same code.
You should therefore obtain permission from all developers whose code you've used. If the code was available online, usually that just requires stating the source of the code using any copyright notice from the author.

I would also suggest you consider releasing a free ACCDE version with an option to purchase an ACCDB version for a small fee. I've used that model on a few applications. For example my Currency Exchange Rate Tracker
You probably won't sell many copies of the ACCDB but it will be of greater use to those who want to build on your application.

I use total visual sourcebook plus all other code as it is protected with at min a password I have permission I don't want to sell it but I may be willing to let a few have a copy of a accdb but only those with the experance to be able to improve it not completely rewrite it

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I've had so many requests for that login system from various sites that I'm considering releasing an updated version for a small fee!
This may include additional features such as:
a) Examples with different user-level outcomes
b) Additional logging of user info including application version, Access version & screen resolution
c) Logging of specific application features used by each user
d) Automated error logging including the ability to automatically email application error info to program developers

I already have these in my some of own apps and its very useful for managing issues for individual users

I now also have an Italian version courtesy of a user from Tuscany!

Dreamweaver

Local time
I've had so many requests for that login system from various sites that I'm considering releasing an updated version for a small fee!
This may include additional features such as:
a) Examples with different user-level outcomes
b) Additional logging of user info including application version, Access version & screen resolution
c) Logging of specific application features used by each user
d) Automated error logging including the ability to automatically email application error info to program developers

I already have these in my some of own apps and its very useful for managing issues for individual users

I now also have an Italian version courtesy of a user from Tuscany!

I don't mind paying a small fee but only really need the part that encripts the pasword If I get time I may take that section futher just added another 13-20 hrs onto completion date to add the gautt charts which I like I'll post pics as I go

Dreamweaver

Local time
Added the status format but want to add a few more lines.

Attachments

• 2018-12-02 (5).jpg
    2018-12-02 (5).jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 530

Dreamweaver

Local time
Finally sorted first bit had to figure it the code and a few other bits.
I need to find a better chr for the completed any suggestions

Attachments

• 2018-12-02 (8).png
    2018-12-02 (8).png
    64.8 KB · Views: 509
Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
I have to sections that could make use of the Gantt Charts one has a start date and will need a calulated end date and also todo's which are not directly related to projects can be anything client/office related as in pic below.

Attachments

• 2018-10-30.png
    2018-10-30.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 543

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom