Help with opening for multiple users (1 Viewer)

rsingh4377

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:18
Hi, so I have a database which I split because it will be used by multiple users. I just had a question regarding how to make it easier for other users to use my access file. When I email the file, 2 prompts come up directing the user to save the document and enable content. This database will be for users who are unfamiliar with access therefore they will not be advanced in navigating through access. Is there any way around this?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:18
Hi. If you store the database in a Trusted Folder, then the user won't get the prompt or warning.

rsingh4377

Registered User.
Local time
Hi DBguy, thanks so much. So a trusted folder on a shared network? What if I am not on the same network as them? I appreciate the help

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi DBguy, thanks so much. So a trusted folder on a shared network? What if I am not on the same network as them? I appreciate the help
You'll have to physically do it, or have someone else (IT admin?) to do it for you. But please remember, each user should have their own local copy of the FE, so you'll also have to create a Trusted Folder on the users' machines.

rsingh4377

Registered User.
Local time
Ok thank you so much! So each user has to save the file as well and then that prompt will stop popping up I am assuming?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Ok thank you so much! So each user has to save the file as well and then that prompt will stop popping up I am assuming?
Yes, the prompt will stop popping if they put/store the file in a "Trusted Folder." Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom