Shootings in US schools (1 Viewer)

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 12:47
Col,

Same is true for the Media. Most think of "News" as some type of public service or utility. They forget they PAY to hear what they want, and "Journalists" provide what they are paid to spread. Often this is material that would server your garden better than you when spread about.

This is also why thousands can die with little notice, but let a "GUN" be involved and it becomes "NEWS".

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 19:47
*Yawn* - yet again the same boring mass shootings in the USA. The reason for my post is the same old rhetoric from OrangeMan, the same as Obama, the same as GWB. The difference being is that OrangeMan had his statue of a wife next to him.
a) does she ever speak? Never heard her utter a word.

b) why is she there? Just waiting for him to die to inherit the billions?

Bugger-all will be done and we await and place bets where the next mass shootings will be. Only 20 killed in El Paso, the BBC news said that puts it in 8th place so a pretty weak effort really.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:47
Col, you are slipping. That was so weak, so terribly lame, that I can't even be bothered to spar with you.

Must be that you are getting old or something.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Col, you are slipping. That was so weak, so terribly lame, that I can't even be bothered to spar with you.

Must be that you are getting old or something.

Doc, after what is it? 20 odd years of these forums and countless dozens of mass shootings in the USA, I can't think of anything new to say.

Sorry to have disappointed you.

Col

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 15:47

Mark_

Local time
I'm just surprised that anyone who's posting on here about gun control is advocating shortening the waiting period. Likewise allowing only parental permission rather than a full background check?

Seems "United Morality" is far more permissive than actual state laws in what they are advocating. Check on what is actually required to purchase a firearm in California and you'll note it is more restrictive.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
There were more shootings and killings in Chicago in one month than the three mass shootings we have had. But they don't get much press anymore.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
There were more shootings and killings in Chicago in one month than the three mass shootings we have had. But they don't get much press anymore.
Not to mention the shooter in Ohio was a Trump hating democrat, that will get zero traction from the so called free press.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

Killings of less than 5 or 6 people are chicken feed. These days you need to destroy at least 20 or you won't even get in the top ten mass killings.
Mind you, if you can use an aeroplane then you are really on to something.

For normal mass killings though, I would say 20 dead will get you on the BBC news.

It seems that Mr Trump incites racial hatred then someone else literally pulls the trigger like in El Paso. That's how it was reported in the UK.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It seems that Mr Trump incites racial hatred then someone else literally pulls the trigger like in El Paso. That's how it was reported in the UK.

Col, your UK report may gloss over a few things, but that sentiment is actually being voiced here in the USA, mostly by Democrats. Trump claims that he isn't racist but DOES say it isn't his fault that the folks he is targeting with immigration control actions are mostly Hispanic. That may be the source of the rhetoric.

I have to say that Trump's quiet actions DO seem to uphold his claim that his actions are not motivated by race, but that it is coincidental that race appears to be a factor. He has very consistently been working on prison reforms such that a very large number of black people have been released from prisons. He has been working on getting states to diminish the degree of incarceration for non-violent drug-user offenses, saving the hard time for the dealers and the violent gangs who supply drugs.

I know with absolute certainty that DJT is abrasive. I know that he is evasive. In 71 years, I've seen worse and I've seen better. "Tricky Dick" Nixon comes to mind as a "worse" case.

Right now if you asked me if I would vote for him again, my answer would be "I don't know. Tell me who the other candidates will be." In 2016, his opponent was Hillary Clinton and that was a non-starter for me. If the two current Democratic front-runners are the best that party has to offer, he would get my vote, but some of the moderates are (to me) viable. Let's say that if Biden keeled over from a heart attack, I would wish his speedy recovery - but that it wouldn't be speedy enough for him to remain as a viable candidate.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I suppose Mr Trump must like some foreigners- isn't his wife an immigrant?

Ahhh, Mr Nixon, now he was a character wasn't he? I lived in Australia whilst all that was going on, and, being as Australia tries to be a poor mans USA, it got loads of coverage at the time.

Anyway, quick question. Is Guantanamo Bay prison still operational? You know, torturing, beating and brutality, as is the USA norm for anyone expressing an opinion.

Col

Mark_

Local time
Anyway, quick question. Is Guantanamo Bay prison still operational? You know, torturing, beating and brutality, as is the USA norm for anyone expressing an opinion.

Col

That would be the tower of London you are thinking of, either that or the BBC any time they get someone they don't like...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Guantanamo Bay is still active as a detention facility. Having never been there and having allowed my security clearance to lapse, I can't find out for you what they do. However, I don't recall that the torturing, beating, and brutality are being used at the moment in Gitmo. We let the jihadists living in the countries ending with -stan do all of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom