Yearly Attendance Tracker/Calendar (1 Viewer)

Bartczakm

Local time
Today, 10:33
I cannot get the .zip file to allow me to save onto my computer. Is there something i need to do in order to unlock the workbook?

Ajabu

Local time
Today, 19:33
here is a copy on my MediaFire... I use it in 2007 but it works in 07+.... A lot has changed I added a few things.

Oxicottin, love your work on the Attendance DB!

I have a question which I'm hoping you'll be able to help me with. My date settings are mm/dd/yyyy. Your DB is configured to dd/mm/yyyy which means that all the dates from dd 1-12 are filed wrongly and the entries on the calendar remain invisible for those days (not highlighted).

McSwifty has suggested to add "format([datefield],"mm/dd/yyyy")" to the VBA code. However, I can't get that to work; I'm also not sure where I would add it.

I don't know if you still look at this older forum post, but if you could help me to change that so my UK settings work with your DB I'd sure appreciate it! I love the work that you did to the file. Thank you!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 17:33
Hi Oxicottin,

I have also found you great database and would like to amend for my means.
You have a reference to Outlook 15 and I use 12, but it will not allow me to deselect 15 and so cannot select 12.
Would you have any idea as to why and get passed it.?
This applies to your Public_Attendance Control_v4.xx and Attendance Control Public v5xx databases?

TIA

aioi

Local time
Today, 10:33
Can u please fix it for Windows 64 bit thanks
Here is the one I built in access 2003.... I have data for the year 2008 included so you can see what it does. click on dates to add data ect. there are alot if clickable images and text boxes on calendar so try them all. Hope this helps you and others.... Oh, I tried the "Yearly View" button and it gave me a debug on bold I would remove that and it should work. Everthing worked when I quit using it.

Mirotvorac

Local time
Today, 18:33
I think this sorts the issues - I hope.

I have Vacation as hours - I have also added the hours into the reports and underlying queries.

See attached file.

I have added a line of code to debug the issue you were having with StrgSQL.

If it errors out again with the mismatch error please post the debug from the VBA debug window.
If you have no issues you can comment out the debug line.

cheers.

Hi,
I have an issue with your database, the same one I have with mine - error 3075: Syntax error in date in querry expression.

It looks like a problem with date formating, but I can't resolve it.

All my previous databases work, even the date format is European, dd/mm/yyyy.
But with a code I've inserted from MSDN "Counting the Number of Working Days in Access 2007" I get the same error as with your database.

This line has an error:
strWhere = "[Holiday] >= #" & startDate & "# AND [Holiday] <= #" & endDate & "#"strWhere = "[Holiday] >= #" & startDate & "# AND [Holiday] <= #" & endDate & "#"

I tried it with US date type as this one below, but the same error appears:
strWhere = "[Holiday] >=#" & Format(startDate, _
'"MM/dd/yyyy") & "# AND [Holiday] <=#" & Format(endDate, "MM/dd/yyyy") & "#"

So could it be some difference with Access 2010 handles expressions? Maybe some reference for handling date?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 17:33
I tend to do the following

Code:
strStartDate = Format(Me.txtDateBW, strcJetDate)
strEnddate = Format(Me.txtDateWE, strcJetDate)
then
Code:
strSQL = strSQL & " AND ((tblDates.DayDate) Between " & strStartDate & " And " & strEnddate & ")"
and in a module

Code:
Public Const strcJetDate = "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#"  'Needed for dates in queries as Access expects USA format.
Then it does not matter what format your date is.
All I need to do then is remember the constant name. :)

Mr. Southern

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:33
Re: NEW VERSION V5.xx

Sorry I haven't had time to upload the new version and I will soon but here is a copy on my MediaFire... I use it in 2007 but it works in 07+.... A lot has changed I added a few things, the bottom of the pic is cut off because my laptop screen is small so I just clipped the top half. Enjoy!

Hi Oxicottin,

I love your database and have a few questions on how I can edit a few things. Would you be able to help me out?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 13:33
I love your database and have a few questions on how I can edit a few things. Would you be able to help me out?

If Oxicottin does not reply you can ask me most questions. I built the calendar controls for him and wrote most of the code modules. He built this from a demo I provided him.

If you need to understand how the code works you can check the original thread on Tek-Tips where this was built. In that thread I answer lots of questions on how it works.
https://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1723375
https://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1773045

Last edited:

Mr. Southern

Registered User.
Local time
If Oxicottin does not reply you can ask me most questions. I built the calendar controls for him and wrote most of the code modules. He built this from a demo I provided him.

If you need to understand how the code works you can check the original thread on Tek-Tips where this was built. In that thread I answer lots of questions on how it works.

That would be great. I will be reading through that thread today. I was wondering what exactly "Bought Vacations" mean and how that part of the database works.

Mr. Southern

Registered User.
Local time

Hi Majp,

Wow... you guys did a great job on this database. I was able to follow that thread you posted and it helped alot.

However, I am making a few small changes and I don't think I will be able to use the subFormVacPDSDSummary. I have employees with all different numbers of vacation days and they are not based on time since hire. Instead I am trying to calculate the number of Absences that are inputed into the frm_YearCalendar. What do you think would be the best way to do this?

MajP

Local time
The year calendar form is a view of what is in the tables. So it sounds like you just need a simple query that returns absences per person for the year selected.

oxicottin

Learning by pecking away....
Local time
Sorry for not replying MajP did most of the work and I'm super busy with work... Attached is the newest version if that helps anyone....

Attachments

• Public_ Attendance DB v6.xx.zip
    327.5 KB · Views: 174

oxicottin

Local time
On a side note I think what your after is one of the end report buttons on the calendar.

Mr. Southern

Registered User.
Local time
I like the changes you have made to the newest version.....

One thing that im trying to be able to do is put a combo box instead of a text box for absence reason. I want to have the reason be consistent with all supervisors.

What would I need to change to switch out those two?

oxicottin

Local time
What form are we talking about and what text box?

MajP

Local time
One thing that im trying to be able to do is put a combo box instead of a text box for absence reason
that does not make any sense. There is already only a combobox.

Mr. Southern

Registered User.
Local time
that does not make any sense. There is already only a combobox.

The combo box is for AbsenceID. The text box is for AbsenceReason. I was trying to turn the text box (AbsenceReason) into a combo box.

oxicottin

Local time
So what I'm getting is your trying to do is create a list of "reasons" like:

took a poop
went to lunch
Got abducted by aliens
Truck is stuck in four-wheel drive
Bla bla bla

That you want to populate in a combo box instead of you typing reasons. Am I correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom