Trump VS Obama (1 Viewer)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:34
never heard of her. a lot of people that post here are apparently from the UK. Is that you as well?
If I were from the UK I would be using proper English. Hell no, I hail from "The OC" Orange County California.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 11:34
Does that mean ur a silicon valley worker? I cant possibly believe that ms access has any place out there.

deletedT

Local time
Today, 17:34
Tera,

I honestly believe that Trump and Obama are quite the same because of the nature of how they attained the office. I believe that the primary reason Obama was elected was cuz the public (especially the black community) was obsessed with achieving the milestone of having a black man as president. The same thing I believe happened with Trump, whereby the public was again obsessed with getting a businessman in office, cuz they believed it would help things along more than a politician would. Both of these presidents achieved milestones, and I'm sure it won't be long before we'll become obsessed with getting a woman in office just to see how she does as the leader. Maybe the women over here could take a lesson from Margarate Thatcher.

As I explained earlier I've never been to States and know nothing about politic but I'm learning a lot reading everybody's input here.
Specially, what The_Doc_Man explained about the majority of the votes, was very interesting.

I know what you say is correct, but as an ordinary person, Trump's speeches in public is not what we expect from a leader, specially the leader of the most powerful country in the world.

He died like a dog,
Wind mill noise causes cancer,
The mother and the doctors decide to execute the baby after birth......

You can make a list of his attacks.
He even referred to Omarosa Manigault Newman, a former aide, as “that dog” and a “crazed, crying lowlife.”

For sure you heard him when he called the Mexican rapists? Or insulting African American, women, native Americans, Muslims, LGBT, ....
Do you remember when he referred to Haiti, El Salvador and other African countries shitcountries?

He even faced a minor humiliation when foreign politicians and diplomats laughed at him in UN in his speech?

I don't know. I really don't know. Maybe previous presidents had their mistakes in their speeches too. But they didn't attacked or insulted others or at least not this often. And I never heard them call the others Dog, Ugly, Fat.....

All I say is a little respect towards others, even your enemy doesn't hurt.
This is what I meant by CLASS.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Do you remember when he referred to Haiti, El Salvador and other African countries shitcountries?

i don't listen to too much of his junk, so no I didn't hear that. But I don't doubt it. Trump is an idiot, moron and a lot of other things. In his past, he was also a ruthless businessman who cared nothing about the people he employed. But if you live in a huge city like New York City, there's no way in hell you can possibly make it big without being a jerk in some regard. Even Warren Buffet and Bill Gates have had their "jerk" moments. But let us not forget, the higher up on the societal ladder you go, the more people you have trying to pull you down.

As far as being a politician is concerned, due to the nature of how politicians are expected to act and what they are expected to handle in their jobs, I think a certain level of "flakiness" and being a "feather head" is necessary to secure those jobs. Look at Nancy Pelosi as an example. She's obviously got no brain in that skull of hers.

Do you live in England, Tera? The only politicians I know of from that country are Thatcher and Blair. And they were both Conservative Republicans, correct?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I hear that Tokyo was supposed to have population problems starting in like 2015 or 2016. Is that currently the case? I think for a while now they've been building upwards cuz they don't have any land to build outwards, correct? And is it also true that Japan desires to keep its citizens in the country rather than promote them immigrating to another country? I've heard this about Japan's culture.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
What about Japan's politicians? Are they better than what we've got? I'm a big fan of many Japanese businesses, most notably Toyota, as I only ever buy Toyota automobiles cuz they've got the best resale value of any other car on the global market. Plus they've got a great reputation as a car builder.

deletedT

Local time
I hear that Tokyo was supposed to have population problems starting in like 2015 or 2016. Is that currently the case? I think for a while now they've been building upwards cuz they don't have any land to build outwards, correct?

I don't know where you heard about it, but it's opposite. We are suffering of a decrease in our population. Last year, several thousands companies went bankrupt just because they couldn't find enough workers. Our government is doing anything to increase the population or child birth, but the graph is going down day by day.

Starting from March this year, as a solution, Japan is calling for people to come and work here. Anybody from any country can come to Japan and without a question, receive at least a 5 years visa for working here. (If you have no criminal records). Instagram & Twitter is filled with Work In Japan ads. I wonder how you missed them. Almost 80% of convenience stores' staff are foreigners.

The government takes measures to cope with the situation. Making child birth free of charge, completely free health care up to 15 years old for kids, even paying cash per each child in a family, But still no increase in the population is seen.

And is it also true that Japan desires to keep its citizens in the country rather than promote them immigrating to another country? I've heard this about Japan's culture.
Never heard of it too.
Do you have a reference for this? Or just heard it?
Many people believes strange things about us and most of them makes us smile.

deletedT

Local time
What about Japan's politicians? Are they better than what we've got?

For me Politician=Corruption. And that's why I hate politic. Because nobody can do anything about it.
But our laws is stricter and makes them to stay in their limits. Though every now and then we have a news about one of them doing something.

The main difference between united states and other countries is that we don't want to rule the world or decide what to do on the other end of the world or interfere other countries. And it makes politic much more simple here.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Instagram & Twitter is filled with Work In Japan ads. I wonder how you missed them.
prolly cuz I don't participate in stupid websites like twitter and instagram!

Almost 80% of convenience stores' staff are foreigners.
well if the only jobs one can get in japan by moving there are convenience store jobs, no wonder why no one wants to come over there! If it's anything like the USA, one would make peanuts in a job like that. Now if they had businesses that were starved for white collar workers and professional positions, it would be a lot different and they might actually attract people. Is this the case? Are professional positions also not being filled?

The government takes measures to cope with the situation. Making child birth free of charge, completely free health care up to 15 years old for kids, even paying cash per each child in a family, But still no increase in the population is seen.
child birth is NOT generally free of charge otherwise!? That's stupid. Makes me wonder if China actually charges people to have a kid as well....the USA has never charged couples a fee for having a baby, other than the hosptial bill of course.

Never heard of it too.
Do you have a reference for this? Or just heard it?
all of the stuff I've mentioned about Japan I've heard on the news or read through a news outlet at some point. CNN, FOX News or BBC news.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Regarding Japan's under-employment crisis, the problem is that if you want high-tech industry you need high-tech workers and in that requirement, Japan is not alone. The problem with having a high-tech industry and a low-tech workforce has come home to roost in nations around the world including the USA.

Trump actually would LOVE to have more high-tech people come live in the USA because they are likely to be self-sufficient sooner. We lack doctors & nurses, engineers, scientists, technicians, lawyers, ... you name it, we need it. We need laborers, too, and the truth is that many Hispanic immigrants are willing to do jobs here that even some blacks don't want to do. But those blacks hate the immigrants because it reveals their own lack of work ethic. I know I'm going to get criticized for that, but that is the talk that I hear among people here in the USA right now.

The growing trend to automation comes about because the kids rebel against the kind of education they need to survive in a high-tech world. If you can't get someone smart enough to do the job, program a machine to do at least some of it. That is the way a lot of businesses are going, and what is left for the low-tech people of the world is all of the low-paying jobs that are within their abilities.

I am often saddened by my oldest grandson, who had a mild learning disability that was not quickly addressed. He is working now and is the sweetest guy you could ever want to meet, but his tech skills are limited by having zero aptitude for math. My second grandson is more tech-savvy. He will have a chance to excel at something but I'm not sure just what. Current thinking is that he might wish to be a veterinarian, but that is still very tenuous and he's only in 7th grade right now. The third grandson lives three states away and I don't know about him that much except for feedback from my step-daughter when she visits.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
many Hispanic immigrants are willing to do jobs here that even some blacks don't want to do.
there's no doubt that this is true. I don't really understand why hispanics are so contents with doing low skilled jobs. Mexico is not a very rich country i don't think, so perhaps they have the same self image problem that blacks do? Some lower income blacks are used to being poor and apparently accept it and become comfortable with it. I personally think that type of contentment and thinking stems all the way back to the days of slavery in the USA.

But those blacks hate the immigrants because it reveals their own lack of work ethic.
Again, no argument there.

The growing trend to automation comes about because the kids rebel against the kind of education they need to survive in a high-tech world.
I'm not sure if you're right about this Doc Man. Many kids I come in contact with are eager to learn technology, and some are even better at than adults who work in the industry. Many pick up things quickly.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
vba_php,

Younger kids are immersed in tech with their games, so they learn by osmosis and have a different set of motivations. But there is an age range where that was not the case. A lot of people take dead-end jobs because they feel "too old to learn something new." I see it a lot. People hate change, perhaps because forced adaptation is unsettling. If you studied stressors in life, as I did when I was undergoing a lot of personal stress, you would recognize that the top several sources of human stress involve change. Change of job, change of residence, change of living conditions (married or not), change of responsibility (kids come into your life), ... But I digress.

When automation takes over the jobs of older folks, they have nowhere to go because as kids they never wanted to learn. Hell, I retired because the Navy was throwing too many extra training requirements on me when at age 67+, I had health issues and a sufficient retirement nest-egg to finally just say "screw it, I'm retiring." I regret not being with the people because they were great - but I don't miss the job.

Now, as to why certain people are more accepting of menial jobs? You have to look at the work of Herbert Maslow, who was an economist (I guess with a Psych minor?) who studied economic motivation. In a society of poor people, day-to-day subsistence is a massive motivator and getting any kind of job at all is an advantage. Which is why many immigrants start out as what we call "day workers." You can see them lined up in the parking lot at the local Lowe's or Home Depot, hoping to find another day of work.

Maslow found that as you gain in education and abilities, whether through night school or OJT, you get longer-term viewpoints and no longer are content with simple subsistence. You start thinking long-term survival, i.e. socking some funds away for that rainy day. The more you learn, the more you become involved in your community. It is important to realize the truth of Benjamin Franklin's old saying, "Hunger is the best pickle." When you are hungry, you are willing to do a lot.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:34
Our country has had a long history of immigrants doing lower paying jobs (Chinese, Irish, now Hispanic, I am sure there are plenty of others). They come to our country for various reasons to have a chance to doing better than they were (a lot of times they end up in a better situation). My ancestor came from Ireland as a trapper to Louisiana just before the revolutionary war (he ended up fighting in it). Nobody in my family knows why he came over.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
A lot of people take dead-end jobs because they feel "too old to learn something new." I see it a lot. People hate change, perhaps because forced adaptation is unsettling.

I was asked yesterday by a recruiter: "You may think this is a stupid question, but what is object oriented programming?". :rolleyes: That skills is listed on almost all job descriptions and of course sales people have no damn idea what that means. So I explained it to him in a "programming for dummies" way. He understood, which surprised the hell out of me! I also told him that believe older people hate OOP because they don't want to learn anything new and are stuck in their ways of the old languages, before OOP came into prominence.

Hell, I retired because the Navy was throwing too many extra training requirements on me when at age 67+, I had health issues and a sufficient retirement nest-egg to finally just say "screw it, I'm retiring." I regret not being with the people because they were great - but I don't miss the job.
Did you work for the navy your entire life? Aside from the popular notion that sailors have potty mouths, I've heard that the navy boot camp is one of the most difficult to go through, but not as difficult as the marines.

Which is why many immigrants start out as what we call "day workers." You can see them lined up in the parking lot at the local Lowe's or Home Depot, hoping to find another day of work.
In America, company like Labor Finders pay workers by the day and the hire by the day as well. That is not good business and it promotes instability.

deletedT

Local time
child birth is NOT generally free of charge otherwise!? That's stupid. Makes me wonder if China actually charges people to have a kid as well....the USA has never charged couples a fee for having a baby, other than the hosptial bill of course.

You made me laugh so hard. How could you take my comment this way? I know my English is not too good and it may cause some misunderstanding, but I think that section was clear enough. Let me explain it this way:

There's no charged fee for having child here too. Never have been.
It's a measure that's been setup to make the young couples tend having children. From the very first day of pregnancy up to the child birth, every test, every examination, every treatment, every surgery (if needed) is free. The hospitals or clinics don't charge a cent. Even there's no need to pay bus and taxi fare or train ticket fee for going to hospital, clinics and coming back home.

The hospital bill you're talking about doesn't exist here (for pregnancy).
It means the expense for having a child, medical and not medical expense is zero yen. The city pays it all.

There are other after birth measures too to take care of the child and mother .

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Your post was not very clear than my friend!

you said:
the part that says "making child birth free of charge" implies that japan WAS charging for child birth. that's the way it reads.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
vba_php:

No, I didn't work for the Navy my whole working career. I put in 13 years in private industry related to oil and gas issues in line with my original degree, which is as a chemist. The "Doc" in my name is because of my PhD in analytical chemistry. I worked for a company that did computer controlled systems for oil and gas pipelines. I was the guy who designed and implement many of the software interfaces that monitored the flow rate, pressure, temperature, and viscosity of the contents of the pipeline. Materials measurement was one of my strengths back then. Systems I designed ran interstate or even international pipelines in perhaps 20 states in the USA and six or seven oil-producing companies in places like Venezuela and Saudi Arabia.

Oil went "bust" in New Orleans in 1984 but the exploration industry was still in the Gulf of Mexico. I couldn't leave the city because of family issues so I changed jobs to the navigation industry. That company's product was used in the seismic "shoot" that maps the floor of the gulf looking for oil domes based on echo interpretation. To know where you found an oil dome you have to know where you are, and our navigation system could pinpoint your location to less than half a meter anywhere in the Gulf of Mexico.

I got the Navy job after my mother finally passed on. I was no longer bound to any particular place and answered a blind ad for the job that kept me in New Orleans, though I didn't know that at the time. That job lasted 28 1/2 years until I retired at age 67 1/2. My Access skills came about during my stint with the Navy. It had its rough spots but I learned a lot and did some things that gave me some degree of pride. My problem was simply that with the onset of a mild liver issue and a worse gall bladder issue, I was wearing down. It was time to hand over the reins to the younger generation on health reasons alone, but the escalating job requirements caused me to just make that decision sooner.

Without the health issues, I might still have retired due to the continued increase in requirements. With them, it was a no-brainer. For what it is worth, my health has slowly stabilized so that while I still have issues, they are under control and not worsening, so I'm content with my situation.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
For what it is worth, my health has slowly stabilized so that while I still have issues, they are under control and not worsening, so I'm content with my situation.
well i'm glad to hear that! hopefully you will be sticking around here for a while then too!

deletedT

Local time
vba_php:

No, I didn't work for the Navy my whole working career. I put in 13 years in private industry related to oil and gas issues in line with my original degree, which is as a chemist. The "Doc" in my name is because of my PhD in analytical chemistry. I worked for a company that did computer controlled systems for oil and gas pipelines. I was the guy who designed and implement many of the software interfaces that monitored the flow rate, pressure, temperature, and viscosity of the contents of the pipeline. Materials measurement was one of my strengths back then. Systems I designed ran interstate or even international pipelines in perhaps 20 states in the USA and six or seven oil-producing companies in places like Venezuela and Saudi Arabia.

Oil went "bust" in New Orleans in 1984 but the exploration industry was still in the Gulf of Mexico. I couldn't leave the city because of family issues so I changed jobs to the navigation industry. That company's product was used in the seismic "shoot" that maps the floor of the gulf looking for oil domes based on echo interpretation. To know where you found an oil dome you have to know where you are, and our navigation system could pinpoint your location to less than half a meter anywhere in the Gulf of Mexico.

I got the Navy job after my mother finally passed on. I was no longer bound to any particular place and answered a blind ad for the job that kept me in New Orleans, though I didn't know that at the time. That job lasted 28 1/2 years until I retired at age 67 1/2. My Access skills came about during my stint with the Navy. It had its rough spots but I learned a lot and did some things that gave me some degree of pride. My problem was simply that with the onset of a mild liver issue and a worse gall bladder issue, I was wearing down. It was time to hand over the reins to the younger generation on health reasons alone, but the escalating job requirements caused me to just make that decision sooner.

Without the health issues, I might still have retired due to the continued increase in requirements. With them, it was a no-brainer. For what it is worth, my health has slowly stabilized so that while I still have issues, they are under control and not worsening, so I'm content with my situation.

Doc, you should be proud of your abilities and life. If I try to describe myself, it probably finishes in one sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom