Get data of combo box based on table on another subform (1 Viewer)

beti

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:48
Please help ...
I have a Mainform and 2 subforms. In one of subforms, I have a combox box which I would like to get data from a table of another subform. I did select the field I want from that table but it listed everything, how to do it to get only the data base on record selected.
I attached the sample database for ref …

Attachments

• Software_Checkout.zip
    73.5 KB · Views: 40

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi beti. I downloaded your file but not sure what to do with it. Can you please post a step-by-step instruction on how to duplicate your problem? Thanks.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Beti,
Is your second "form" limited based on a value in the parent? If so, you just need to update the criteria in your lookup to match. What gives me this idea is your "table of another subform". Tables themselves care nothing for what form/subform uses them. The criteria for a form/subform though does say which records from a given table you are looking for.

beti

Registered User.
Local time
Hi beti. I downloaded your file but not sure what to do with it. Can you please post a step-by-step instruction on how to duplicate your problem? Thanks.

theDBguy,
Thanks for checked it out. Here's the situation:
I have mainform which is 'Software'. I have 2 subforms 'software_version' and 'version_checkout'.
The DB relationship is a software can have one or many versions and each version can be check out by one or many people ...
For example if you look at first record, I have AcrobatPro and Version Pro 11 and Pro 12. I have subform
'version_checkout' which let people select with in the list of software version above.
In the Software Version Checkout subform I created a combo box 'version checkout' and I would like to get the
list of version above (Pro 11 and Pro 12) for people to select of version to check out. Right now I selected
the table and got data of all records. Such as I would like record 1 only 'Pro 11 and Pro 12' and record 2 only
'Access 1 and Access 2'
Thank you for your help.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
theDBguy,
Thanks for checked it out. Here's the situation:
I have mainform which is 'Software'. I have 2 subforms 'software_version' and 'version_checkout'.
The DB relationship is a software can have one or many versions and each version can be check out by one or many people ...
For example if you look at first record, I have AcrobatPro and Version Pro 11 and Pro 12. I have subform
'version_checkout' which let people select with in the list of software version above.
In the Software Version Checkout subform I created a combo box 'version checkout' and I would like to get the
list of version above (Pro 11 and Pro 12) for people to select of version to check out. Right now I selected
the table and got data of all records. Such as I would like record 1 only 'Pro 11 and Pro 12' and record 2 only
'Access 1 and Access 2'
Thank you for your help.
Hi. Thanks for the explanation. See if this is what you wanted.

Attachments

• Software_Checkout.zip
    34.6 KB · Views: 39

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 12:48
beti,

I still think, based on what you posted earlier: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=307979, that you're going about ur project the wrong way. I think ull run into problem down the road the way ur going. I still think what you wanted here can be done without code, but I did it a different way if you want a peek, with a button which can be modified to give the user a confirmation that they've checked out a piece of software.

Attachments

• Software_Checkout - new structure.accdb
    1.7 MB · Views: 49

beti

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Thanks for the explanation. See if this is what you wanted.

Hi the DBguy,
Thank you very much, this is exactly what I want. But I do have question … If I add more Version of of Software Version List (such as Pro 13, Pro 14 ..)
Then I support to see these new added when I click on the combo box of 'Version Checkout' but I don't see it unless I click on the next record and click back then I can see them. Is there a way I can see it right away in 'Version Checkout' drop down list?

beti

Registered User.
Local time
beti,

I still think, based on what you posted earlier: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=307979, that you're going about ur project the wrong way. I think ull run into problem down the road the way ur going. I still think what you wanted here can be done without code, but I did it a different way if you want a peek, with a button which can be modified to give the user a confirmation that they've checked out a piece of software.

Thank you for making it in different way, it's cool.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi the DBguy,
Thank you very much, this is exactly what I want. But I do have question … If I add more Version of of Software Version List (such as Pro 13, Pro 14 ..)
Then I support to see these new added when I click on the combo box of 'Version Checkout' but I don't see it unless I click on the next record and click back then I can see them. Is there a way I can see it right away in 'Version Checkout' drop down list?
Sure. Here you go...

Attachments

• Software_Checkout.zip
    34.5 KB · Views: 39

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom