Issues with VelociTab - Late Binding VBA (1 Viewer)

dgreen

Local time
Yesterday, 22:57
Team - I'm trying to leverage Peter's software (vt) late binding VBA code found at and am having issues implementing it on multiple different Forms with multiple subforms on each. The idea is that when you click on the tab the Source Object is changed from a Dummy form (has no data) to your actual subform.

EDIT to posting: Attached zip of the program I'm trying to leverage and screen captures from my database where I'm trying to implement.

I've put the Class Module (clsVelociTab) directly into my database – didn’t modify it.
I have the frmDummy – didn’t change it.
On each form I used the same code On Open that was in the example database in the link.

My goal is to use this one on open code for every primary form but maybe the Class Module is only built to handle one Form with multiple subforms?

Or you can't run this code with multiple forms open at the same time?

Thoughts?

Attachments

• vt.zip
    136.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:57
You should be able to attach pictures, or the db itself, you just have to zip when new.

dgreen

Local time
Updated original posting.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 04:57
Have you contacted Peter's software as they are the authors of this application.
I realise its a free download but hopefully they will still respond to questions

dgreen

Local time
isladogs - yes. no response yet, nor no email rejection.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:57
I don't see anything failing here; am I missing something?

dgreen

Local time
I can't load my database to the site. I just provided screen captures where it shows that it works on one form but on another form it fails.

The access file in the zip was the original database built that I'm trying to leverage. For the form that fails to load properly, it is populating the Source with the frmDummy as I'd expect and removing the Child_ID.... But when you click on the tab, what's not happening is those settings are remaining. They aren't changing back to the subform's data source and Child_IDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom