Quote vs Multi Quote (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 10:09
When replying to a post, there are two options when it come to quoting; quote and multi quote.

Both seem to do the exact thing...IS there a difference?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:09
John, what is the "multi-quote" feature of which you speak? I don't understand your question.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Morning Doc!

The 4 icons at the bottom of each post: Quote, Multi Quote, Quick Reply and Thanks

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
For those of you who are visual in nature...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.6 KB · Views: 200

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Thanks Col, I actually looked in the FAQ first but did not see it. I'm thinking my wife may be right when it comes to my inability to find things that are right in front of me...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:09
Yeah, wife and I go into "snakebite" drill now and then, checking each other for small puncture wounds on the grounds that "if it had been a snake, it would have bitten you."

As to multi-quote, I never investigated it and never tried it - and yet there it sits, just LOOKING like a snake's fangs ready to bite and I never noticed it enough to get curious.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 15:09
Remembered how to use it …..

Yeah, wife and I go into "snakebite" drill now and then, checking each other for small puncture wounds on the grounds that "if it had been a snake, it would have bitten you."

As to multi-quote, I never investigated it and never tried it - and yet there it sits, just LOOKING like a snake's fangs ready to bite and I never noticed it enough to get curious.

...but not that exciting really....:D

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:09
Since I saw this quote in post #4:

How do you get the visual to show in the thread? When I've done attachments, they only show as links. I tried doing a search and perhaps couldn't figure out the best keyword phrase to locate the answer as it ended up showing results for how to insert images into forms and tables etc. rather than in the post.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Attach your file first. Then right click the attachment and copy the link. Choose the Insert Image icon and paste the URL when prompted

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:09
Thanks Guys. Helpful tip and nice visual link. I'll look forward to trying that out in a future post.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:09
I'm thinking my wife may be right when it comes to my inability to find things that are right in front of me...

I have the same problem! When I'm looking for something in the kitchen I have taken to standing in front of the cupboard with a door open, I will move several tins of tomatoes around, a bit like playing a solitary shell game. I will do this for 5 -minutes. Eventually my wife will take pity on me, ask, what are you looking for, reach in the cupboard and bring it out instantly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom