Confirm Print (1 Viewer)

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:49
If you have a button on a form which sends a report to the printer, is there any way to establish whether or not the printer worked correctly.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:49
Hi. Nothing, that I know of, from the VBA side. You could probably try something on the printer driver side of things. Not sure where to go for that though. Good luck!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 06:49
If you have a button on a form which sends a report to the printer, is there any way to establish whether or not the printer worked correctly.
Bob,

If I remember right, opening a report using this:
Code:
docmd.openreport "reportName", arg, arg, acviewreport, arg, arg
automatically sends it to the printer and prints it out (or puts it in the que, based on the printer's settings I think). right? are you asking to check whether the communication between access and the printer was successful or are you asking to check to see if the report actually printed and the piece of paper came into existence? I would think there would be no way to check the latter because that would be a printer hardware error. I'm not sure access or visual basic could reach that far because that operation is way outside the scope of a windows application and totally unrelated. I could be wrong though, like so many times before....

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:49
...especially if the printer allows for private printing (whereby the owner has to log in at the printer control panel to release the job). That would make it impossible if anyone set their default printer settings to being private. If I really wanted to pursue this (and I wouldn't as we all need more exercise :)) I would research Windows API's to see if there is one for this.

Quite often Windows will report back to the pc user that there was a problem. I guess that isn't that working for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom