SubForm won't resize (1 Viewer)

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:07
Hi I've put a subform on my main Form. I want to set the subForm record source to the first item in the main Forms record source and move through item with record selectors.
I have a couple of initial problems, where do I find the name of the subform and how can I size it? In design mode I expected to drag it, but Access won't let me, there's no handles showing on the subForm and altering the width property has no effect.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:07
Clicking on the subform will bring its Name to the Property sheet.
to set recordsource of subform to Each records of the main form, set the Link Master/Child Fields of the subform.

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Does the name appear at the top right in a List Box ? It says "qryEachWeek subform". I don't remember calling it that...

I've never used Link Master/Child Fields. When I click the dropdiwn it says "Can't build a link between unbound forms." What need I do to get around that ?

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Arne, it wouldn't resize until i closed and opened it again. Now that part seems to be behaving.

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
I'm trying is to set the subform Recordsource in the main Form Current event.
Code:
qryEachWeek SubForm.Recordsouce = SQL
but that subform name is giving an error

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:07
Hi I've put a subform on my main Form. I want to set the subForm record source to the first item in the main Forms record source and move through item with record selectors.
I have a couple of initial problems, where do I find the name of the subform and how can I size it? In design mode I expected to drag it, but Access won't let me, there's no handles showing on the subForm and altering the width property has no effect.
Hi. With regards to resizing the subform control, I wonder if you have a (stacked) layout applied to it. Do you not see a double-headed arrow if you hover you mouse somewhere in the middle area of the subform control's right or bottom border?

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
I see that double headed arrow now,a nd a orange outline aroung the subform in design mode. And it can resize it. But initially (after dragging the subform control onto the Form) it wouldn't let me move it or resize it. I can duplicate this effect by the following
Create-FormDesign
Drab a SubForm/SubReport control on
Use an existing Table/Query and select Fields and click Finish

Now the Subform has acquired a label which I don't want, so I drag it away and delete it (about 5 times until it goes away and The Subform doesn't). After that the subform won't resize or show the orange outline. However having tried it just again,clicking on the ruler seems to fix it. But until you do that trying to drag it is futile, until you close the Form and reopen it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom