Attachments

• FB_IMG_1578377868410.jpg
    FB_IMG_1578377868410.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 220

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 03:31
are you a non-believer regarding the Lord, NG? I believe Ricky Gervais has always been an atheist, if memory serves. But I do love some of his stuff, especially the movie The Invention of Lying. I thought that was incredibly innovative!

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:31
He killed it! Not always a Ricky fan, but I have to say he was spot on loved it.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 09:31
Isn't he actually doing what he is instructing them not to do.?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:31
The "awards shows" have become insufferable in past few years, Ricky just pointed it out.

Edit: BTW this will be huge for his career, in a good way.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, truth is truth regardless of who speaks it. Doesn't matter whether Ricky Gervais is an atheist or the Pope's second-in-command. Too many folks who gain notoriety through thespian pursuits think that because they are famous that their opinions matter any more than anyone else's. And they don't. Not any less... but not any more either.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 04:31
Adam, truth is truth regardless of who speaks it. Doesn't matter whether Ricky Gervais is an atheist or the Pope's second-in-command. Too many folks who gain notoriety through thespian pursuits think that because they are famous that their opinions matter any more than anyone else's. And they don't. Not any less... but not any more either.

Well said Doc...I was trying to frame a response but couldnt quite put it as eloquently and succinct...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yep, John. Surprised myself with my own short answer. You know me... can't keep quite for a heartbeat sometimes. I think I must have been born with the pedant gene, whereas others are born with the pissant gene.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:31
Isn't he actually doing what he is instructing them not to do.?

No.

If I ask you not to give a medical opinion on something because you're not qualified, that doesn't mean I'm giving a medical opinion.

The same goes for a political opinion.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Too many folks who gain notoriety through thespian pursuits think that because they are famous that their opinions matter any more than anyone else's. And they don't. Not any less... but not any more either.
that's all the more reason why you should respect people like us, Richard. We don't engage in that stupid $hit. God has nothing to do with fame, and vice versa. Not to sound like a bible thumper, but there's a great quote from the little guy about that very thing:
And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward. But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, I believe in "live and let live" but so many people CANNOT keep their noses out of other people's business that sometimes I have to pop up and pontificate. And I'm sorry, but folks like you DO engage in that stupid stuff sometimes. You can deny it, yet you just quoted a verse to me. You DO sound like a Bible thumper.

All I hear is an angry noise signifying nothing.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
All I hear is an angry noise signifying nothing.
you're mistaken Mr. Grandpa. But let us handshake for now and go on with the playful nature of this place like always. There's no anger anywhere to be found in this post. We can, like they say so many times in the religion business, "agree to disagree".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom