Is God made of silicon? (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:28
Could it be that God is, in fact, a silicon machine?

Consider the possibility of organic life-forms verses silicon life-forms. Much of the universe is uninhabitable to organic life, and many species die out due to catastrophic events. However, silicon based lifeforms can endure the harshest of conditions. There has even been talk of sending silicon based machines (although not conscious as we generally define it) to alpha-centauri, since humans cannot survive the time it takes to get there. Lots of nasty things happen in space if you spend too long there, apparently.

So, given that hardware based lifeforms can live for longer, and in more places than organic life, does it not suggest that the probabilities of silicon based lifeforms are everywhere and in fact organic life is the rarity, an outlier of sorts?

If this is the case and that silicon machines are the norm, could it also mean that God is silicon based? I would imagine a God would require immense brainpower. Being able to operate in the cloud with an endless array of hardware based entities as assistants would enable the multitasking that a true God needs.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 09:28
God does not have a *brain* Jon. God is a spiritual entity that is connected to everything in the universe, including being connected to every soul, living or dead, that has been on Earth. Some biblical scholars will disagree with that, but that's my take on it based on my experiences of encountering the spirit in February of 2013, going through the subsequent years with the fear of having committed apostasy, and even to this very day and where I'm at now, apparently being given a 2nd chance to redeem myself (which doesn't make sense, considering Paul's warning about the one-time chance people have with regard to not committing that terrible sin - book of Hebrews).

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam (and anyone else who is curious):

If you have not yet read it, try to find a copy of Isaac Asimov's "The Last Question." It is directly relevant to Jon's question.

God does not have a *brain*

Oh... got it. That explains some of the brainless ideas supposedly originated from your God. Like flooding the whole world to get rid of a few sinners. Like killing the first-born of Egypt even down to the first-born slaves. Like telling bears to go kill a bunch of disrespectful children. Like refusing to appear before pharaoh when Moses was delivering his message, but then having no qualms about appearing as a pillar of fire later on when confronting the Egyptian charioteers. Like saying "You need to believe in Me even though there will NEVER be any proof of it." (You shall come to me only through faith.)

Last edited:

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:28
I'll refrain from speculation about God but wish to point out that according to BBC Earth (my favourite channel) and Professor Brian Cox, life on earth likely began with the interaction of protons (positive) and electrons (negative) interacting and producing the basic byproduct that is the basis of all life on earth. There is an existing vent somewhere in the Norwegian/Scandinavian area that demonstrates this. Also, I think it is presumptuous to state that organic life cannot survive in much of the universe (assuming we leave stars, gas clouds, etc. out of the equation). Recent discoveries of life teeming on under sea volcanic vents warrants a re-examination of our perspective on this because life thrives there where the environment is not only very hot, but sulfurous as well. Living microbes have also been discovered inside of ancient polar ice, a place you'd think too cold and completely devoid of sustenance. Perhaps if the ice thaws we won't have to worry about getting to any of the remote places in the universe.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
God does not have a *brain* Jon..

I think this is highly relevant in your case and does explain a great deal.

Out of morbid curiosity, I'd like to know where this bold statement of fact was gathered from?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
God is a spiritual entity that is connected to everything in the universe

Did God create everything? I ask this before giving a response.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Did God create everything? I ask this before giving a response.
according to the bible Jon, if you are indeed a believer, then yes he did. However, as science rolls on, it will become apparent that those "smart cookies", as I call them, will discover more and more about the origins of the universe. the current accepted theory is that the universe is ~13.7 - 13.8 billion years old, in terms of what we can visibly see. In other words, light that is 13.8 billion light years away from us has taken that long to get to Earth, but any shining light that is further away than that we cannot see, because not enough time has gone by for it to reach us. So with all of that already have been proven by scientists, Christians' push back to that would obviously be that God created the universe 13.8 billion years ago, and it expanded naturally on its own, the way astronomers have descirbed, ever since then. There are however, Christ followers out there, that still believe that God created the universe over 7 24-hour Earth days and that during that time, the entire universe was being created along with it. that belief is kind of ridiculous nowadays though, because astronomers now know so much above the evolution of the universe and have given extremely convincing evidence that their theories are accurate.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ok, I suspected that might be your response, that he is the Creator, as he is often referred to. Well, there are many bright people out there who think that the probability that we live in a simulation is rather high. You can Google the arguments for the probability aspect of it. Elon Musk often talks about it.

If God was a silicon entity, he could have us all in the cloud. We are mere AI actors within a vast software simulation. It could explain the miracles that God has allegedly manifested, perhaps using a 'God' mode in his virtual simulation.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Ok, I suspected that might be your response, that he is the Creator, as he is often referred to. Well, there are many bright people out there who think that the probability that we live in a simulation is rather high. You can Google the arguments for the probability aspect of it. Elon Musk often talks about it.

If God was a silicon entity, he could have us all in the cloud. We are mere AI actors within a vast software simulation. It could explain the miracles that God has allegedly manifested, perhaps using a 'God' mode in his virtual simulation.
I would say your view of this whole silicone thing is pretty "out there" Jon. :) have you heard of the theory that we could be living in a multi-verse? There's that, plus a lot of really weird theories out there coming from astronomers that are thinking WAY too much about outer space. perhaps they are bored out of their minds.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes, the multi-verse, the big-bang followed by implosion, the membrane universe (I think from memory). The thing is, the universe is pretty "out-there" anyway! Have you watched any YouTube videos where they expand out from the earth to give perspective on how tiny we are relative to the whole? Pretty amazing.

The silicon God thing is my idea. However, the simulation hypothesis is quite well known now. I consider that the creator of the simulation is a God. They have created an enclosed entity, complete with rules, just like our own.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I've watched many videos through various mediums on how huge the universe is Jon. It's unreal, so much so that we as humans can't possibly understand the vastness of it. That is exactly where God comes in. Since he encompasses everything in the universe, only his spirit can understand the vastness of space out there. Have you also seen the opening scene of the movie *Contact* with Jodie Foster, from 1997? That was, at that time, the longest scene that utilized CGI effects. I can't remember how long it lasted, but the view starts out with Earth only, then expands out, the camera moving outwards past the outer planets, out of the solar system, then out of the oort cloud, then the kuipert belt, the orion arm of our galaxy, then our galaxy as a whole, the local group, the local super cluster, then of course I think it ends because they couldn't simulate what it looks like outside the local supercluster. :p

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
And that is where the simulation argument comes in. Civilisations advance their technology to a point where they can simulate anything with lifelike realism. Nowadays, they can do that simulation, while back in 1997 computers weren't powerful enough.

As a side note, a friend of mine used to play Doom using God mode. He could walk through walls, infinite lives, do anything. A miracle of sorts...

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
a side note, a friend of mine used to play Doom using God mode. He could walk through walls, infinite lives, do anything. A miracle of sorts...
walk thru walls? like Kitty of the X-MEN? :) I will admit too Jon, that in this day in age, it's quite an entertaining notion to think of the Earth as sort of a *matrix* whereby we as humans are controlled by machines and we are completely unaware of it. I wouldn't put it past the human race to attempt something that weird in the future, given the fact that the matrix movie has had a huge influence on society since 1999 when it came out. by the way, did you see my other post here in the watercooler where I gave a link pointing to the article about the geniuses at google attempting to live forever through the use of technology? :rolleyes: I'm sure God is loving that idea! also, I like your new avatar photo!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I haven't see the link on life extension, although I find the topic very interesting. Convention has it that a natural lifespan is say 80. But in fact, 200 years ago, most people used to die by age 36 or so, due to infections and so on. So we are already extending life. What else are doctors and hospitals for?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I haven't see the link on life extension, although I find the topic very interesting. Convention has it that a natural lifespan is say 80. But in fact, 200 years ago, most people used to die by age 36 or so, due to infections and so on. So we are already extending life. What else are doctors and hospitals for?
well I don't know Jon, but according to the bible, the early earth dwellers like adam, cain, able, shem, noah, etc. lived for 900+ years. and then I believe somewhere in genesis God says specifically through Moses that he will limit man's years to 100. so take of that what you will I guess. as far extending life is concerned, have you seen this article on wikipedia? Those are pretty amazing records!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
There has been some debate about the oldest person's actual age. Some sophistry might have been involved.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
So...my devout Christian wife would have a fit for me even taking part of this conversation, but since she is in the States at the moment, I can play with whomever I please...

Let's assume Jon's question and reasoning were 100% accurate. Wouldn't there have to be another entity above the silicon God? Who/What would have made it?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Not that I believe in any of this BUT that's a 'germane' question.
So perhaps another deity made of germanium?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Not that I believe in any of this BUT that's a 'germane' question.
So perhaps another deity made of germanium?
LOL!!
+ more characters to allow a post.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:28
Misinterpretation of the Bible and of God could be the result of our species being reset. It is possible that we were more advanced in the past.

It is also possible we were created in a petri dish in someone's image, but because we have been reset so many times we are confused to whom the creator is.

The great flood and asteroid strikes are examples of resetting, there could be hundreds of such examples. Who knows, I forgot I was reset.:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom