Question Right CLick Property one forms is Grayed Out (1 Viewer)

rickober

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:28
How does one enable the right click Property on form fields, buttons, etc to work? In every instance of Access I have seen, it is always grayed out. It is VERY handy to be able to open the properties while the form is still open.

rickober

Registered User.
Local time
Is there no way to enable it in Form View without changing to Design View? That is VERY handy and I miss it. It was so handy (along with a million other things) that I have stayed in Access 2000 as long as possible for that and many other reasons.
Thanks

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:28
No.

I believe the ability to view & edit form properties in Form View was removed (in A2007) to improve form security by limiting changes (possibly harmful) that end users could make. As a developer I do everything I can within reason to lock down my forms so I'm pleased that its been removed. In fact I often disable the right click shortcut menu completely

AFAIK, there is no way of re-enabling that feature in later versions but, for the reasons stated above, I've never found any reason to look into it. It is somewhat odd that the properties menu item exists in form view when its always disabled

The Properties right click menu item is also available in the Layout View that was added to A2007 but that doesn't really help you as you still have to change views.

rickober

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for confirming what I suspected. I guess it was a good idea while it lasted (there are other ways to disable tools which I have used many times and it's too bad they give you the illusion that something MIGHT work only to find out that it never will.) Leave it to Microsoft to add more and more clicks when one or two used to suffice... IMHO, Access peaked in 2003 and it has been downhill ever since, much to my frustration and disappointment. I wish they would just stop "improving" it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom