Forms Disappear (1 Viewer)

VinceC

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:40
All of the forms that existed in a database yesterday have suddenly disappeared today. I can see tables and queries only. If I create a new form it disappears when I re-open the database. I am using Access 2000. Any ideas? Thanks.

Taff

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:40
Hi Vincec,

On the Tools Menu, goto options and then make sure the Hidden Objects box is ticked.

Your forms might be set to hidden in the properties of the form.

HTH

Anthony

VinceC

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks but I already tried that. Even a newly created form seems to disappear when I re-open the database.

Shaunfish

Local time
Today, 04:40
I have a similar problem. Is it not an access 2010 bug?. I have split my database so the data is safe. It's just the forms and switchboard that disappears and the only way to get it back is to restore from a backup. I have an added problem in that sometimes I can save attachments and other time it tells be that the attachment. Is in the wrong format. Please help

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:40
All of the forms that existed in a database yesterday have suddenly disappeared today. I can see tables and queries only. If I create a new form it disappears when I re-open the database. I am using Access 2000. Any ideas? Thanks.
Hi. What do you mean by "disappear?" You can't see them or they don't exist? For example, even if you can't see the form in the Nav Pane, can you go to the Immediate Window and type the following?
Code:
DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName"
What happens? Do you get an error?

Shaunfish

Local time
Today, 04:40
Yes. It error is something about the switchboard name has changed or is missing. Well it would say that because it's not there more are any of my forms or reports. All that I can see is queries and table links and tables

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There may be some filter on the nav pain (sic) that is causing new items to not show. Try entering a new filter and see what happens.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:40
Yes. It error is something about the switchboard name has changed or is missing. Well it would say that because it's not there more are any of my forms or reports. All that I can see is queries and table links and tables

Hi. Just curious, did you try the above code on more than form? If so, how about adding the argument to open the form in design mode? I just wanted you to try because I am still not sure if the forms are merely hidden or really gone.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I was going to suggest that you list out all the forms in the DB with some VBA, but apparently the Documenter would do that for you as well.

What does that show you.?

Database Tools/Database Documenter

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
One approach is to create an new db and initiate an import of all the objects from the affected db. It has been reported that the list of forms is visible (along with all the other objects) so if you can see your forms, import everything into a new db. Obviously you want to keep up to date backup files for front ends that have been modified as standard practice but your post reads like your db is NOT split
I can see tables and queries only
which is asking for such trouble.

EDIT -sorry, I re-read and it seems you have split the db.

Last edited:

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 03:40
Check like below pic:

Attachments

• Nav1.jpg
    Nav1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 888

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
nothing like hijacking a 15 year old thread:)

@shaunfish - you say you have a similar problem. The original poster was using a 2000 db. Access 2007, let alone 2010 hadn't even been invented when their thread was created

So are you running a 2000 mdb in 2010? or something else?

you say

It error is something about the switchboard name has changed or is missing
would be very helpful if you clarify exactly what this says

I would also clarify who uses the front end - is it shared between users? or does each user have their own copy? if the latter, do other users have the same problem?

And to cover the obvious, I presume it is not possible that you are actually opening the back end and not the front end? and perhaps left an autoexec macro in the back end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom