Custom Colors (1 Viewer)

stoka

Getting Better
Local time
Today, 10:38
I created some code that turns the backcolor to a special lite blue when a control gets focus, and back to white when it loses focus. I created a special color so it would be nice and light. I then zipped and sent the MDB file to the user. When he runs the form his computer does not change the background color....is there something about having to define the color on his computer before it will work ?

rborob

Registered User.
Local time
i answered you yesterday after "creating some code" for you to change the background. If the color is one you created and put manually into the pallate then it may not register on his PC but im unsure. Cant you just use onbe thats already stored...like cyan?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
You need to figure out what the actual color is numerically. You can either use RGB values {Example: (0,111,232)} or color code {-2147483633}

rborob

Registered User.
Local time
if i remember correctly u were using
as the color code?

.BackColor = "16775639"

works fine for me...horrible color though :p

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
You shouldn't use quotes around the number for backcolor though. It is a long integer.

stoka

Getting Better
Local time
Yes, I used the color number as you indicated and it works fine on my computer...i just zipped up the MDB and emailed it to him...then was at his computer later in the day and tabbing from field to field did not result in any backcolor changes. But it if displays on your computer then it must be something else with his comptuer. Maybe he does not have the computer color setting such that is knows what that color number is...thanks anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom