Is there a way to calculate and display the percentage of checked checkboxes on a rep (1 Viewer)

smroussel

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:40
Is there a way to calculate and display the percentage of checked checkboxes on a report? I have a report that has a list of checkboxes some of which are checked and some are not. I would like the report to also display the percentage of checked boxes. Is this possible quickly and easily?

mhartman

Dr. Data
Local time
Today, 03:40
Hello:

Yes. On your form or report count your total records and then count the records "checked". Then divide your records checked by the total records. That will give you a percentage.

Regards
Mark

smroussel

Registered User.
Local time
how do i do these counts?

rborob

Registered User.
Local time
ill assume that the report is bound to a table? and the checkboxes are based on yes/no fields?
(big assumption i know)

then a select statement would give you the number of checked boxes

e.g. SELECT * WHERE check = yes

and the total value would be something like

SELECT * WHERE check = yes OR No

smroussel

Registered User.
Local time
Ok i'm a novice. Where do i type these statements

scottmvinovrski

Registered User.
Local time
Place them in the Report Footer section of the report. Create a textbook and in the control source use =Count([Whatever your table name is]) to get the count of all the records in that report

smroussel

Registered User.
Local time
My db is a survey designed to determine which employees need staff development in which areas. The employee checks off skills they cannot perform in several areas. I want a percentage of checked boxes(unknown skills) for each employee. I have a series of tables which are basically a txtbox for their ID number and a series of checkboxes(one for each skill) with a report based on each table. Each employee will get his report based on his survey answers. Each checkbox is not a record. Each checkbox is a field in a record. Will this still work?

ansentry

Access amateur
Local time
Today, 20:40
Have a look at my attached sample (the report mainly), it's not very fancy but I think you will be able to use it to solve your problem.

Attachments

• CountTheTicks.zip
    23 KB · Views: 123

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom