Clickable links in Report? (1 Viewer)

Singh400

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:09
We have frmBookings and from this, we run a report (rptBookingsByDate). As you would expect it lists all the bookings for the entered date.

The report shows a variety of information such as Venue, Contact Person etc etc and a Reference number. What we normally do is just look at the reference number, go back to frmBookings and hit F5 and type in the reference.

Now is there any way I can have the reference number listed on the report to be “clickable” like a hyperlink so when I click on reference number: IS/5478 it will navigate to record 5478 in frmBookings?

I did find this but it looks like a need to create a data access page to get the kind of interactivity I want, which at this stage I don’t want to do (maybe in v2.0 of the database).

Cheers for any help/ideas.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
If you want to have clickable links then you will have to rewrite it as a form. Clickable buttons don't make much sense on a printer document

Singh400

Registered User.
Local time
FYI This wasn't designed by me, already in place when I started

Ah I see. We use the reports to easily view the information in a nice manner, instead of staring at a datasheet query. It's never printed off. In that case I'll leave it as is, and do something in the new DB.

Cheers Rabbie.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
FYI This wasn't designed by me, already in place when I started

Ah I see. We use the reports to easily view the information in a nice manner, instead of staring at a datasheet query. It's never printed off. In that case I'll leave it as is, and do something in the new DB.

Cheers Rabbie.
In that case just make a form that looks the same as the report and you can have as many buttons as you want. Good luck

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:09
A2007 added some events to report sections. If you are using this version of Access, you can you can use these events to drill down via hyperlinks. If you are using an older version of Access, maybe it's time to upgrade.

Singh400

Registered User.
Local time
In that case just make a form that looks the same as the report and you can have as many buttons as you want. Good luck
Ahhh nice idea

A2007 added some events to report sections. If you are using this version of Access, you can you can use these events to drill down via hyperlinks. If you are using an older version of Access, maybe it's time to upgrade.
Yeah not sure if the IT Dept is willing to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom