Trouble with 'Timestamp' Macro in Access 2003 (1 Viewer)

mike081984

Local time
Today, 06:41
Trouble removing 'Timestamp' Macro in Access 2003

Hi all,

Please can someone lend some advice - I created a very basic timestamp macro (based on something I read on an online forum) called 'LastModified' which basically shows when somebody last amended a record.

I have since deleted the macro as we are using Access through a terminal server and for some reason it wouldn't work in there (though it worked fine otherwise).

However, that's not the problem - although I've deleted the macro, every time I try and amend a record (specifically the field 'Company Name') I get the following message:

"Microsoft Access can't find the macro 'LastModified'.

The macro (or its macro group) doesn't exist, or the macro is new but hasn't been saved."

I know it doesn't exist because I deleted it! I also deleted all fields that made reference to it! But it now means that I can't amend any of the records as once you close the message it keeps coming up every time you try and click out of the field, so you just have to close the database and open it again later.

I have no knowledge of code building etc so any replies in layman's terms are very very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Last edited:

mike081984

Local time
Today, 06:41
Thanks Bob, that worked perfectly. A remnant of the macro was hidden in the BeforeUpdate box of the Company Name record (sounds obvious now, but it's not the kind of thing you think to check when you realise you can't amend any of the records!).

That tool is very very useful!

Cheers for your help, much appreciated.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom