Problems printing a subform (1 Viewer)

xaurien

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:58
Hi all,

I know it is bad practice to print forms, however the database I'm working on was my 1st ever database and thats how its done.

My problem is that I have a form that I need to print, with a subform, and when I print the form however the subform is limited to stop when it hits the end of a page. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sean.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:58
...the database I'm working on was my 1st ever database and thats how its done.

Just because you did it incorrectly originally is no excuse for not correcting it now! You really have no recourse except to make it a report. There's no way to print a form/subform that's going to show all of the subform if all of it doesn't show when viewing the form. A report with a subreport will do what you need.

xaurien

Registered User.
Local time
Like I said this is the initial way i set up the database, using a report will mean a lot more work for me. can anyone tell me if it is possible to get the subform to print correctly please?

xaurien

Registered User.
Local time
lol ty for the advice to use a report, but if anyone would care to answer my question I'd be very greatful!

Sean

xaurien

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry!!! didnt see your post, thanks for being more helpful, can u confirm that a subreport will print fully over several pages?

Thankks!

Sean

Just because you did it incorrectly originally is no excuse for not correcting it now! You really have no recourse except to make it a report. There's no way to print a form/subform that's going to show all of the subform if all of it doesn't show when viewing the form. A report with a subreport will do what you need.

ansentry

Access amateur
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:58
missinglinq, answered it for you, more fully than my reply.

There's no way to print a form/subform that's going to show all of the subform if all of it doesn't show when viewing the form. A report with a subreport will do what you need.

xaurien

Registered User.
Local time
Ok, well thanks John and missinglinq for your help, I've created the report and it leaves me with a few problems, but i will look at how to solve these.

Regards

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom