The best web browser (1 Viewer)

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 10:15
More of a debate then a techy question as some folks seem to have a certain preference to our browsers that are not always technology based.

So what is your fave web browser and why?

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
I will go first and put in a plug for FireFox, seems faster then IE.
I have tried Epic and it is faster on sites that are not weighed down with lots of advertising (not so quick on most forums because of that).

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 13:15
I use Firefox. I love the add-ins that can make browsing better. Ad-blockers are a must. With Firefox, I hardly see them.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:15
I've used IE and a couple of others. I find Firefox does most of what I want, but oddly enough today I had to use something called "Iron" because of some strange security rules at my Dept. of Navy site. I won't continue to use it because I only used it to get a specific job done - but here's the reason it worked. I didn't have to actually install it. I only had to unzip it into an empty directory and launch it. Which is just as well, because in that particular environment I do not have administrative rights over the workstation - so I could not have installed it even if I had wanted to.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I use Firefox for most of my browsing. I have to view some intranet pages in IE since they do not support any other browser. We have some people in the office that swear by Chrome. I tried using it home and it was a lot slower than Firefox.

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 12:15
I like some of the tricks Chrome has like automatic 'research image' context menu, but most of that stuff can be replicated with simple FF addons.

What I HATE about Chrome with the fire of a thousand suns is its paternalistic, hide-all-the-options, mystery-meat organization. It thinks it knows better than the user, which is never the right answer. That said, Chromium on Linux is very clean and fast.

IE 9/10 are actually surprisingly solid. Haven't tried 11 yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom