Auto Fill of a table values (1 Viewer)

Reshmi mohankumar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:37
Rather than selection of Operator column in a sub form , to pre-show all the Operator column data in every new data entry. imgae will help to resolve.

Attachments

• dayclose.jpg
    dayclose.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 51

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 15:07
I'm not completely clear on what you're asking, but have you tried using a combo box on the form?

Reshmi mohankumar

Registered User.
Local time
At present I used combo, but I need a whole column data from a table to sub form and those rows are automatically previewing and I will enter some related data to respective rows.

Did you seen that uploaded image ?

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
I did see your image but I'm still not clear what you want. You appear to be using a datasheet subform. Are you saying that you want the Operator control on that subform to always display all possible Operators without the users having to expend the effort to click the mouse one time to expand a combo box?

If that's the case then you could use a list box, but in my opinion that would be a very clunky solution on a datasheet subform, you're better off using a combo box.

If that's not what you're saying then please explain further.

Reshmi mohankumar

Registered User.
Local time
I just want that tbl_operator values to be placed in frm_closevalve form operator field without selection through combo box, and remaining date, opening, closings I will input.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:07
Have a look at the sample in Post 3 of this thread.

There is more in it than you need but it think the subform RecordSource should show you what you are looking for. Just ignore the code, you don't need it.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
How are you going to determine which Operator value should be stored in the field without a user making a selection at some point?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
How are you going to determine which Operator value should be stored in the field without a user making a selection at some point?

In my demo on the linked thread, the records that appear in the subform are only virtual. They become real records in a table only when values are entered in one of the other fields.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
@Galaxiom

Right, I looked at your demo file and see what you're doing there. I like that approach, may come in handy some time. However, it still requires at least some level of user interaction (i.e. the user needs to select certain values in the main form before other values in the subform can be "pre-filled").

That is what I'm not clear on in terms of what the OP wants. They seem to be saying (and I certainly could be misunderstanding) that they want to somehow pre-fill one or multiple records without any type of user interaction ahead of time. They haven't stated whether this is based on previous selections in another form, or some other scenario.

Reshmi mohankumar

Registered User.
Local time
Yes you're got my point, but I don't have any values on main form, but all operators should fill them selves in sub form when I open that main form.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yes you're got my point, but I don't have any values on main form, but all operators should fill them selves in sub form when I open that main form.

Just use a subform recordsouce query with a similar structure. The main form values were just for the particular need in that thread. Enting data to the subform records will work just the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom