Useful links (1 Viewer)

Guus2005

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:39
For many examples on how to use VB i have used http://planetsourcecode.com/ in the past.

Easy to rewrite for VBA.

Other languages are also available there.

Still looking for a piece of code to scan downloaded examples for malicious code.

HTH:D

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 22:39
Thanks Guus.

What kind of malicious code? SQL injection? If in doubt, I don't download.

Guus2005

AWF VIP
Local time
KILL() is a function i dont want to encounter in the code which i download.

Cleaning out tables is another one
something like:
Code:
for each tbl in tabledefs
    db.execute "delete from [" & tbl.name & "]"
next tbl

So as long as there isn't such a function which detects these things, always check if the code you download does the things you want it to do.

HTH:D

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
So as long as there isn't such a function which detects these things, always check if the code you download does the things you want it to do.
Always, always, always check what downloaded code does, before copying into and running it in your own application.

Oh, and did I mention, you should always check downloaded code?

Dreamweaver

Local time
Always make sure you backup every day or more depending how much work you've done I backup off site once a day and sometimes more so if something does happen I can recover.

Also be careful where you download from most of the good access forums the mods check the downloads but other sites dont.

mick

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Many thanks for all the suggested additions.
I've now added almost all of these to my Useful Links web page. That page is now also one of the links in my signature line

Micron: a few of yours were broken links but as I knew all the sites I managed to get the correct URLs where necessary

Very happy to hear any additional suggestions for new items on the useful links page.

Last edited:

Guus2005

AWF VIP
Local time
Also try this one:
https://jkp-ads.com/

JKP Application Development Services.

And links to usefull utilities like MZTools?

Finally, i hope that you stay with AWF because mendipdatasystems is not AWF #justsayin

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Not familiar with the JKP site. Will check it out.

I had thought about posting links to various commercial apps such as those by FMS, MZ Tools as mentioned and freebies like V-Tools. Unsure on that one.

Sorry but I didn't understand your last sentence. I'm not planning to leave AWF. However. my website has to be completely rewritten using new web software over the next few weeks so I may be much less active for a while. The new site will be Https which is a good thing.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I've added the ConnectionStrings.com site to my useful links page
The jkp site seems to be entirely for Excel. Am I missing something there?

I've decided to add a section on useful Access utilities - both free and paid apps. To start with these will include:
V-Tools
MZ-Tools
Access Dependency Checker
Enhanced Message Box
VBE Tools
Smart Indenter
Total Access Analyser
Access Crash Reporter

More suggestions would be appreciated ... together with other useful links for the web page.
TIA

Guus2005

AWF VIP
Local time
Very usefull site when you are struggling with regular expressions. Test and try your regular expressions on:

(Generate Javascript as a result resembles VBA the most)

regex101.com

Last edited by a moderator:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks again Guus
Just added several new useful links to the site including the JKP and regex101 websites as well as several sites for working with/converting JSON files

More links to follow

Last edited:

Guus2005

AWF VIP
Local time
Perhaps this thread should be a sticky?

Link to Access Junkie Jeff Conway doesn't work

AccessJunkie

Senior Managing Editor
Local time
Today, 15:39
Hi Guus2005,

You're correct that my 'Access Junkie' site is no longer active. Since I'm in the content organization for Microsoft, Access being one of the applications in my team's space, it really didn't make sense to have my public site anymore. The content on my own site could compete for SEO with Access help content we create on support.office.com (SOC). The content we have on SOC is localized across many languages and can appear with the Access help pane/window as well as on the web. So it seemed somewhat silly to have article information and tips on my own personal website when I can have much further reach folding a lot of those tips and help content into our own Microsoft Access help articles.

Does that make sense?

Colin, you might consider adding links on your 'links' page to our main Microsoft Access Help Center as well as to our Access video training.
I realize the training videos are geared more towards beginners, but they can be of use to new Access customers and they are generally localized into other languages.

Here is our Microsoft Access Help Center:
https://support.office.com/en-us/access

Here is our Access video training site:
https://support.office.com/article/a5ffb1ef-4cc4-4d79-a862-e2dda6ef38e6

And for good measure, here's a link to our Access templates:
https://support.office.com/article/e14f25e4-78b6-41de-8278-1afcfc91a9cb

--
Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie
Senior Content Experience Manager
Microsoft Corporation

Wayne

Crazy Canuck
Local time
Today, 18:39
Colin,

Thanks for the links. Nice to have them all in one place for easy reference.

Wayne

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
More Useful links added

I've just added the three MS sites mentioned by Jeff Conrad together with several other new links including :
a) the excellent site by Christos Samaras https://myengineeringworld.net/ which some of you may not have seen before

b) the amazing WaybackMachine internet archive which is a vast repository of website and digital artefacts over a period of time

c) a link to an archived page from Aug 2018 for Datapig Technologies whose excellent video site is sadly no longer maintained

Jeff:
Whilst I understand your point about being part of the MS team, I don't see why that means your own site should no longer be available as it was targeted at a different market. I searched for it using the WaybackMachine internet archive and found an archive dated May 2019.
But I found your site is actually still available here. I've updated the link on my site

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom