MS Access and Web Forms (1 Viewer)

startd

Local time
Today, 06:38
I am trying to create a feedback form for a webpage and storing the results in an access database. I created the form in frontpage 2000 and the db in access 2000. The server I am running is MS 2003 Server with IIS 6.0. I put the web form and database in the root of the website and when the form is submitted the following error appears.

FrontPage Run-Time Component Page
You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.

This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

Click the <Back> arrow to return to the previous page.

The IIS has and is running Frontpage Server 2000 extentions and 2002 extentions. Anyone know what is going on? Are their any good walkthroughs for creating webforms with Access?

DanG

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:38
I won't be able to help you with your immediate problem, but maybe I can offer some things to think about.

When it comes to going "online", I'm not sure "Access" is the solution (I have no personal experience in that area). If you intend on going the "Frontpage" way you may find yourself isolating yourself from knowing the system you are building. There are many post here that preach about the disadvantages of Froontpage\Dreamweaver and I urge you to educatie yourself about the subject. I think you would be better off (IMO), long term, looking at ASP or PHP/MySQL or something else as a solution to your problem given your server setup, which requires another skill set on your part.

So, I guess what I'm saying is there are differnt tools for different jobs. I am no expert with Access or any other tool for that matter, but I am competent in what I know and I know when to use that skill and when not to.

Can Access do what you want?...yes, is it the best answer?...it's up to you and your experiences. You can make almost anything work, but will you pay a higher price later on for not using the right tool?

Just some things to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom