Help with online store. (1 Viewer)

Arc2571

Local time
Today, 01:19
I am starting a new business and would like a to open a new online store for my items.

I am new to internet programming but am quite computer savy.

Can someone help me by suggestion what program to use, where do host that sort of thing

I will be hosting roughly 3000 pictures of items that people can purchase.

I am also open to paying someone to make the site for me if anyone has any comments about that can also be useful, maybe a student looking for some extra cash...

any help or comments welcome
thanks in advance

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:19
If you want a fully functional product try Actinic, I'm doing a site with it now and I have to say it's fantastic. OK it is expensive, starting at £350 but it has everything you need, design function, back end database, security inbuilt, online account wizard, merchant account setup and a Dreamweaver extension among other thing's.

Try their 30 day trial.

Oh and their support guys are great, always reply to e-mail within 24 hours and are very helpful, also their forum has loads of suggestions for hosting companies.

Arc2571

Local time
Today, 01:19
hi there,

thanks for you reply but that price is a bit out of my league at the moment.

i am willing to learn how just need to be shown where to start, although i am downloading their free trial hopefully i will be able to start playing with it 2moro.

does anyone have any other suggestions.

DanG

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:19
osCommerce is the right price...FREE. I have only played with it, but it is very popular and seems to have all you need. It is done in PHP/MySql and so you can customize it to fit your look and functions. It also has some pretty good support (message boards) out there. If that particular program doesn't fill your needs there are quite a few more out there that are simular.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom