Installing .NET Framework (1 Viewer)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 19:41
Does anyone know if there are specific programatic requirements for installing .NET on your machine? I have tried installing that AND the VB web developer, and they both error out on the .NET portion of the installation. It just says that it cannot install the framework. I am on vista, and I have office 2003. Other than that, i don't see ne thing else that would interfere.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:41
I had one situation where client machine already had .NET framework installed and I got an error saying that installation couldn't complete but it was inaccurate and misleading because it didn't indicate that a framework was already installed.

Check if you already have .NET framework installed.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
banana,

here is a snapshot over everything i have installed MS related. i don't think i have it. i guess i do have SQL server components though. do you see anything in that list that would conflict?

Attachments

• cp.jpg
    cp.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 186

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:41
Adam,

I was sniffing around looking for the next version of Office (2010). it would appear that this version is going to be browser friendly. It might be worth joining the beta program and see what it can do.

How did you get on with installing VWD?

Simon

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
VWD never worked simon. it was a total waste of time. i still can't get passed the .NET installation. the error is meaningless, so I have tried to move onto other things. I will get what I want done by using java and HTML, so i'm not that concered with web development in VB.NET anymore.

i don't really have the time to figure out why microsoft can't make their "superior" software work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom