WhatsApp (1 Viewer)

Freshman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:18
Hi all,

I came across this info regarding sending WhatsApp messages via the web (PC).

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/26000030/?lang=lt

I can use FollowHyperLink to action a new message but I still have to click on the <Send> button in WhatsApp.

It is not a problem for Single messages but I would like to roll this out to Bulk Messaging a group of people.

Any ideas on how I can fully automate this?

Thanks a lot

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:18
Do you mean you want to use MS Access to spam WhatsApp users?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Freshman

Registered User.
Local time
Do you mean you want to use MS Access to spam WhatsApp users?

Haha - don't jump to conclusions - I'm sending notices to a close-group of members

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Haha - don't jump to conclusions - I'm sending notices to a close-group of members
I actually like the idea of sending WhatsApp messages from Access, could be very useful.

However, it's not clear to me what the actual problem is?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Is there an API interface for WhatsApp?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
there is - at a price (at least to use it). Just google 'WhatsApp api'

Freshman

Registered User.
Local time
I agree - there is an API but at a price.
The code/URL string in my OP is however from WhatsApp's official website.
I'm using it at the moment and it works fine but you have to manually click on <Sent>
which I would like to automate to make the above option even more powerful
I normally stay away from SendKeys so don't think that can work

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
as with anything on the web - if it's free it will never quite do what you want for business, most free stuff is targeted at consumers to provide a marketing channel for businesses.

So with regards automating to bulk recipients, the link you provided is for a single chat. So I don't think you will be able to adapt it to your requirements

Freshman

Registered User.
Local time
as with anything on the web - if it's free it will never quite do what you want for business, most free stuff is targeted at consumers to provide a marketing channel for businesses.

So with regards automating to bulk recipients, the link you provided is for a single chat. So I don't think you will be able to adapt it to your requirements

I like to try and think out the box with free stuff and making them do what I want.
I can easily loop through a list of mobile numbers to do some of this but I would still like to find a solution for the <Send> button.
Maybe someone here has web coding knowledge and can build a "wait until fully loaded" command with a command to trigger the send button inbetween the loops.
I've seen over the years that while we chat about why something is not possible, someone else is already working on a solution. You can do amazing things with VBA :)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Sorry, thought you wanted to send a message once to a group of people, not same message separately to multiple individuals.

Suggest google something like 'vba to click a button on a web page', you'll get a number of hits with different possible solutions.

Be aware that some sites (don't know about WhatsApp) can detect multiple messaging of this type and ban you as a potential spammer

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:18
I haven't looked into it carefully to know if it's realistic, but I know that Twilio has a WhatsApp integration. The documentation includes the syntax for cURL: https://www.twilio.com/docs/sms/whatsapp/quickstart

So if you can convert that to VBA it should be quite doable.

Maybe consider looking into that?

Freshman

Registered User.
Local time
Ahh great - Just not sure if I'll be able to convert it to VBA...

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:18
Ahh great - Just not sure if I'll be able to convert it to VBA...

Maybe someone who knows more about HTTP requests in VBA and cURL can lend a hand. I did a search once on "convert curl to VBA" and got a few hits. Maybe those can help

ethanmiles

Local time
Today, 08:18
Hi all,

I came across this info regarding sending WhatsApp messages via the web (PC).

I can use FollowHyperLink to action a new message but I still have to click on the <Send> button in WhatsApp.

It is not a problem for Single messages but I would like to roll this out to Bulk Messaging a group of people.

Any ideas on how I can fully automate this?

Thanks a lot
You can use WhatsApp official API to that easily which you can get from official WhatsApp site.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom